jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you tell someone how to parent?

1. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 6 years ago

Would you tell someone how to parent?

If a mother sends her child to school with belly baring tops everyday and the girl is just seven years old, would you say anything? If so, what?

2. weezyschannel profile image85
    weezyschannelposted 6 years ago

I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut, so hard to tell what I would say.  I guess it depends on how well or if I even know the mother.  If I know her closely, I would say, what the hell are you doing.  If I didn't know the mother, I may just say something like "gee, I say katy today and her belly is pooching or maybe something like, I couldn't help but notice but looked like she had a scratch on her stomach.  Heck, who knows..i know i couldn't keep my mouth shut about it. That's just me.  But, I just thought of something. You could say, "I'm sorry, I know I don't know you, but you may want to know that other parents are saying something about Katy wearing short shirts at such a young age." Blame it on others, but don't mention any names, because it's actually coming from you and your mind, but you are also speaking for others that would love to say something. Just tell the mother you thought she should know what people are saying and as a mother yourself, you would want someone to tell you. If she doesn't give a crap, then I would lay it on thick.

3. MojoDawg profile image60
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

I believe we can show others how to be good parents by exhibiting good parenting habits ourselves. People are rarely open to even a suggestion they may be deficient in any area of their parenting.

4. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i will and i have. too many parents out there are terrible role models to their kids and later they make it look like it's the kids fault for being bad. i once broke a guys jaw because i saw him give his 8 or 9 year old a joint of weed.

5. algarveview profile image88
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

No, I think each one of us has to parent how they best see fit and it's nobody else's business. The only situations where I would intervene would be those that I saw that could put the child at risk.

working