jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What Are the Healthiest Foods for Babies In the First 2 Years?

1. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

What Are the Healthiest Foods for Babies In the First 2 Years?

2. cubes profile image58
    cubesposted 6 years ago

Breast milk would be good to start out for the first couple of months, formula is good as well. If you're one of those people who is skeptical about baby food, you can make your own puree with apples, potatoes, pears, tofu, beans, just make sure to keep the foods bland and relatively tasteless. At 8 months you can introduce some finger foods: banana slices, non-sugary cereals, keep them relatively tasteless as well. After 12 months you can introduce more solids. You can still choose to breastfeed if you wish.
    Pay attention to what your child rejects and accepts, and change the foods you feed your child accordingly.

3. EuroCafeAuLait profile image84
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

The first solid food I gave my little ones was Rice-o-lino, a hot cereal made with warm milk.  Rice is a better choice since wheat tends to aggravate an allergic reaction.  The second food was probably a banana, mashed up and served with a baby spoon.  They also adored freshly cooked fish - "lesso"; I have a recipe Hub on that.  The section left and right of the backbone is best for small children because it is virtually boneless, unlike the stomach area.

4. rdown profile image75
    rdownposted 6 years ago

I started my daughter on Earth's Best products.  I bought them at Babies R Us but you can check your local retailers on their website earthsbest.com.  You can also buy on line.  They are organic products.
    When my daughter was about 6-7 months old I started making her food and still do now at 15 months.  I recently wrote a hub on easy to make baby food.   The link is below if you are interested.

http://rdown.hubpages.com/hub/Easy-To-Make-Baby-Food

5. profile image58
    Robertr04posted 6 years ago

Assuming the happy couple did the right things months before conception, the first 18 months mother's milk is the best food for your child. The the new born infant has no gastric juices flowing until it cuts its eye teeth(#4&5 on top) and its stomach teeth (#4&5 on the bottom). When these teeth come in at approximately 18mos, it is the sign for weaning the signal that the childs gastric juices have started to flow. Up until this time the baby needed a pre-digested food, because without gastric juices it could not digest proteins and starches. Cramming cereals and chopped meat into an infants mouth is stuffing sickness into the baby which will come out later as childhood and adult diseases. The mother's milk is alkaline, and from this milk(blood transfusion) developes bone, flesh, cartilage, brain and all normal functionsof the body. The milk being alkaline is not only accepted, but is for the most part assimilated into the baby's system for good growth. A very small part that is not put to use is passed off as fecal matter during is bowel movements. The milk is food already digested by the mother's gastric juices that are doing the work for both of them. To cut a already long story short, baby is ready to sit at the table.

working