jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are you an all "No-ing" Parent?

1. MomTech profile image75
    MomTechposted 5 years ago

Are you an all "No-ing" Parent?

Does it feel like all you do is say no and how to you get around this when the Yes answer is bad for your child?  Share your hints and tricks!!

2. MomTech profile image75
    MomTechposted 5 years ago

I know I personally feel like an all no-ing parent many days, especially when it comes to requests for some new video game that their friends have but the game itself is wildly inappropriate for children.

3. AliceFSpencer profile image60
    AliceFSpencerposted 5 years ago

I am the no-ing queen smile this made me think about today I took my daughter to get fast food, and then she asked for special chips from the store and I said no. I explained to her I want to buy her everything she asked for but I have to say no sometime. For her health and the health of our financials

4. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

Some days I do and other days I don't seem to be saying no to the same questions over and over. I find that days that we don't turn on the TV at all, my daughter is not as fussy and whines less. Once she gives up on asking me about the TV, she'll play with her toys and be as happy as can be. I think "sticking to your guns" is the trick that I use the most. It's not a new one, but it is effective.