Are you an over-protective parent? What do you think makes you so?

1. LailaK profile image76
    LailaKposted 5 years ago

Are you an over-protective parent? What do you think makes you so?

2. lovelife08 profile image60
    lovelife08posted 5 years ago

Well, since my child is only 9 months old, I wouldn't call myself overprotective, hahaha.

But, I am a little possessive over her, in that, I am picky about who can hold her and play with her, etc. I blame maternal instincts for it, though that may or may not be why I don't trust certain people. It's pretty common for first-time mothers to feel this way. It gets easier with following children, or so I've heard.

As a mother of a helpless infant, it is my job to protect her. Any time I think something may be wrong, it will either be instincts or fear. Most of the time it's fear. But there have been times when instincts led me to make good decisions to keep her from harm.

That's just the way I am. Every parent has a different story to tell. All parents want to protect their children. Being overprotective may not necessarily be healthy, but it certainly shows how much you love them.

3. duffsmom profile image58
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

My kids are grown, healthy, happily married - so that is a good thing.  But looking back, I would say that yes, I was a little over-protective.  I lost my parents as a kid and I really was deathly afraid something would happen to my girls.