jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Who are you named after, and what is the significance behind your name?

1. lee custodio profile image85
    lee custodioposted 6 years ago

Who are you named after, and what is the significance behind your name?

2. Shasme profile image60
    Shasmeposted 6 years ago

Hello Lee, I am named after a lady my parents knew before I was born. Unfortunately, I never met her. I have had no luck when researching the significance of Shasme'. Any clue?

3. lovelife08 profile image60
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

My first name came from the Bible. My middle name is my Granny's middle name. I'm not really sure of the significance. I guess because the Bible and my Granny are both holy. smile

4. coffeegginmyrice profile image83
    coffeegginmyriceposted 6 years ago

My name is Marites (actually a nickname) and my ma named me after her favourite Filipino actress.

5. danajconnelly profile image70
    danajconnellyposted 6 years ago

Based on my middle name (Jane) I was named after my mothers' beloved aunt who passed away shortly before I was born. My first name "Dana" has been originated as meaning "from Denmark" (super interesting) but also in Greek it means "mother of all gods". I prefer the latter.

6. JKenny profile image92
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

I actually three first names- James comes from my granddad who was also called James. My first middle name is Patrick - which is my dad's name, and my final midde name is Marsh- which is my mother's maiden name.

7. twinstimes2 profile image83
    twinstimes2posted 6 years ago

My parents said they just liked my name so I guess there is no significance. We chose our kids first names' this way, too. We just liked them! However, we gave our children more meaningful middle names. I actually wrote a hub about it last week, Baby Names: Meaningful Middle Names. It details how and why we chose each of our 5 children's middle names.

8. Alastar Packer profile image85
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

Packer comes from the old English for "packer of wool." And Alastar is old Celtic for "defender of men."

working