jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What has helped you most as a single mother?

1. Mighty Mom profile image85
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

What has helped you most as a single mother?

2. Kulsum Mehmood profile image65
    Kulsum Mehmoodposted 5 years ago

What helped me most as a single mother is my being educated and my holding a job. It helped me to be financially independent. Relatives did help but one cannot expect them to be responsible as provider for the rest of your life. Everyone has their own responsibilities, liabilities and commitments. Also the child gets wrong messages if his single mother is dependent on relatives for day to day needs.So education and financial independence are important things for a single mother.

3. oneheart10 profile image60
    oneheart10posted 5 years ago

My strength and courage and faith, my strength to contiune working hard for my kids, courage to do it on my own even when family tell you they will help you and just stab you in the back, faith in your religion and in yourself. I also signed up at a gym so that i can let my kids play in the child care while i can take one class of zumba to be in better shape, plus makes you feel good about yourself.

4. profile image52
    lisaarcherposted 3 years ago

The only way i could have surrvived being a single monther of 5 was by the Grace of God.  There were a lot of adjustments that had to be made initially, but He saw me through those difficult years.  Now, years later, I am still single and enjoying every moment of sharing my testimony of God's great love.