jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

How old should you be to start having children?

1. nmdonders profile image85
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

How old should you be to start having children?

2. Martyn Wright profile image84
    Martyn Wrightposted 5 years ago

Like most things in life, if you waited for the right time to do something then it most probably wouldn't get done! I had my first son when I was 29, we had all the necessary components in place, a stable family, a good home and the ability to support ourselves financially.  The time spent prior to having our son was enjoyed to the full, with nights to ourselves, impromptu weekends away, regular sleep-ins and spare cash!  My wife and I believed we should have time together to develop our marriage before starting a family!   Mid to late twenties is an ideal time to start having children as in reality there is most often never a right time or a right age. If you have children in your teens then you miss out on the best parts of being a young adult, that being said, when they are grown up you will still be young enough to hit the town for a night on the tiles!

My answer to this question is 24-29 years old.

3. backporchstories profile image81
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

I feel age has nothing to do with it, but rather maturity and sound judgement as well as being smart with money.  Having children it one of the greatest responsibility that the Creator has bestowed upon us.  I know some 18 year olds who are more responsible with raising children then some 30 year olds!

4. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

You should not be older than 35 to start for medical purposes. Considering when the human brain finishes growing, technically, the woman should be from 25 to 35. The male should be from 30 to 35 for the ideal healthy child.

1. backporchstories profile image81
      backporchstoriesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So....why is it that God made it possible to bear children at age 13?  Did He mean for us to have unhealthy children.  Would be interested in the statistics on that.  Curious!

2. lburmaster profile image84
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm suggesting adults should be fully developed mentally to have and support their children. There are very few statitics on young adults, but there are more of older adults and it's not good signs.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

30's would be just nice. Skip 2 years to have another child. Should bear children before age 36. That's my doctor advice.

6. Faceless39 profile image95
    Faceless39posted 5 years ago

Old enough to provide for them without government assistance.

working