jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you get Queasy at the sight of your child being injured no matter how small i

1. milleramanda53 profile image80
    milleramanda53posted 5 years ago

Do you get Queasy at the sight of your child being injured no matter how small it may be?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, I absolutely got queasy when my kids got hurt. I hated it.  And it was worse if some kid hurt their feelings. I was unprepared for how those strong emotions washed over me. It broke my heart to see them hurt physically or emotionally.

3. KristenN4Boys profile image66
    KristenN4Boysposted 5 years ago

No, surprisingly. Anyone else, YES. I think my brain switches over to mommy/nurse gear. There have been times that I thought about it after with full body heebie jeebies, but in the moment, I'm in "fix it mode".

4. joanwz profile image73
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

No, when my kids were little, they never really had any injuries other than an occasional scraped knee or bug bite. Guess we were lucky there.  But whenever they had a stomach flu, I had a really hard time when they threw up.

5. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image83
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years ago

My daughter, now 18 and starting college in a couple weeks, was injured in a basketball game 4 years ago. She collided with a bigger player and landed on the floor hard on her back.

She couldn't move and lay there in the middle of the court in considerable pain for 15 minutes until the ambulance arrived. All turned out okay, but dang that was scary when it happened. All sorts of things are running through your mind. Queasy, indeed.