jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What is your opinion on your toddler wearing nothing but pull-ups or underwear i

1. Traci21 profile image71
    Traci21posted 5 years ago

What is your opinion on your toddler wearing nothing but pull-ups or underwear in your home?

2. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

I am on my 6th and final child being potty-trained.  I was also a pre-school teacher for 8 years, a nanny, and a baby sitter.  I've been through this A LOT!  lol

It all boils down to personal preference really.  Every family is different. 
    Personally, I don't mind washing a bunch of undies every day to make sure there are enough for tomorrow.
    I feel that when you make the switch you have to stick with it, otherwise you confuse the child/toddler.
    In my house we only use underwear for potty training.  I tried doing undies in the day & a pull up at night with some of my older kids.  It seemed to take longer.  They know that if they are wearing a pull up they don't need to take a potty break, it feels too much like a diaper. 
    When they go to the bathroom in underwear there is a clear, different feeling, which they tend not to like. 
    Being able to feel an accident helps them recognize the feeling just before the accident, which is the urge to "go". 

Long winded answer, but there you have it ~ in our house, it is underwear only.

1. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Was she talking about potty training?  I think I misunderstood - in that case I was way out there--LOL

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I'm fine with it as long as they are warm enough.  My grandkids used to pull off clothing as soon as they got into their house, it was funny.  They outgrew it, in fact the 5 year old goes through a ton of outfits a day and of course nothing matches. I love it. 

Their mom did have a rule that it was only in their own home - they couldn't pull off their clothes when visiting someone else's home--or in public!  Fun times--kids are great.

1. Mom Kat profile image80
      Mom Katposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If she wasn't than I was the way off one... lol ... I let my kids run around in their undies all the time in good weather.  I always laugh with my friends and say "do it while it's legal!"  We of course have everyone dressed if we have company.

2. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL - my kids did the same thing, and sometimes it takes the adults a while to dress these days - except we have a new pastor that dropped by one day without calling - YIKES - Nowadays I shower and dress when my feet hit the floor in the morning!

4. Admiral Murrah profile image73
    Admiral Murrahposted 5 years ago

Since it is your home and you are the parent, I see nothing wrong with it. They just need to know when to dress up and when they are home.

working