What are your top-5 most annoying sounds?
My pet peeves are:
1. Talking with your mouth full
2. Chewing with your mouth open
5. Teen Girl Babble
Let's see...it may be hard to limit it to 5.
1) gum smacking, or chewing it with mouth open.
2) deep loud base on someone else's music. You can't hear the music just the booming base and it really makes me anxious like my heart is pounding.
3) incessant dog barking
4) a dog licking its feet with their jowls smacking
5) any country music. I used to love it but for some reason it seriously depresses me when I hear any of it.
1. The train at 4:00 am. That's what happens when you are from the wrong side of the tracks.
2. The siren from the volunteer fire department. They even sound it when they are out of alcohol.
3. Joe Biden saying anything.
4. Teen girl babble. Although I'm quite adept at ignoring it, especially when the teen girl is babbling that I really need to give her some money.
5. The sound of my ex-wife's voice on the phone when she calls me. Like yesterday. Yeah, make that number one.
1. Nails on a chalkboard!
2. Bratty little girl's high pitch scream
3. Talking with your mouth full
4. Chewing with your mouth open also annoys the hell out of me too!
5. Dog licking or cleaning themselves loudly
1) A sharp load squeak like machinery which needs oil.
2) A cricket chirping nearby when I'm trying to sleep.
3) A dripping spigot breaking a complete silence.
4) A smoke detector going off because of burnt toast.
5) An alarm clock's alarm ringing in the early morning.
Sounds can have a tendency to drive us batty, can't they? There are a few that annoy me....I'll list them beginning with the most annoying...........
1. Sirens....hate them. They annoy me, frighten me and deafen me!
2. Hateful and insulting words being screamed by someone.
3. Babies crying when I'm not in a position to comfort them
4. Cars that need a new muffler
5. Background music of a Horror flick.
1.) whining of any kind from any person; 2) nails on a chalk board; 3) Gum popping; 4) I guess I really only have 3.
Currently, a bird who wakes me up every morning before it gets light which is around 4.45am ( on a positive, I have not needed an alarm clock for the last few weeks).
People making a noise when they eat - drives me crazy.
Burping / Belching
Listening to heavy metal music
Sandpaper on wood or any other surface
The worst of the worst are babies crying when they are angry and just cry to be heard.
Kids taking a fit.
by Irfan 6 years ago
What specific habit of any person annoys you the most?For me its the noise when people eat with their mouth open. gets to me every time even though i've tried to get used to it... just cannot do it. I have to walk away.
by instantlyfamily 7 years ago
What is YOUR biggest pet peeve when it comes to table manners?
by Michelle Liew 6 years ago
What are some of your dog's most annoying behaviors and how do you prevent them?
by Brenda Durham 9 years ago
I know it's considered romantic to have dinner with someone, but.....seriously, have you ever really paid attention to someone eating food? It ain't pretty! Even if they close their mouth while chewing, even if there's music playing, even if ya focus mainly on your own plate and...
by BringingSpring 7 years ago
What do you find most annoying about country music?Country music is really annoying, for the most part.(Though I have to admit some of it is funny.) Almost all of it sounds the same and it seems to promote prideful ignorance and ridiculous idealism. I find the whiny songs most annoying. What part...
by Terri Meredith 7 years ago
What sounds remind you of your childhood?Whenever I hear music that sounds like the ice cream truck, I'm taken back to hot summer evening when all of us would throw our bicycles, balls, and bats and run screaming "Ice Cream!" to race to where it was parked. Certain songs take me...
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|