Why is your mother awesome?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)
  1. Sunny River profile image60
    Sunny Riverposted 10 years ago

Why is your mother awesome?

What makes her special? What makes her the best mom you know?

2. jlpark profile image79
    jlparkposted 10 years ago

Because she just is!.

Whilst her marriage to my father did not work out (whew, now I look back on it!), she strove to make sure we had a good relationship with our father, and we still do - even 26yrs later.  She strove to provide what she could for us as a solo mother, forgoing things at time so we would have what we needed.

Her choice in my step-father was perfect, and she has a great man in him - I am lucky enough to have two men I consider "fathers" - one biological, one not.

Whilst she did not quite understand it initially - she accepts and loves both me and my same sex wife - supporting us wholeheartedly, and loving us unconditionally. My wife has been part of the family since the beginning - receiving the look only a mother can give when one is being cheeky - and feels very comfortable with my family - something I thank all of my parents for.

In a recent turn of events, she has both supported me and understood where I was at - not trying to change what I felt, but being there all the same. We are trying to conceive using a Fertility Clinic - my mother is excited about being a Granny, and supportive all the way.  Recently, she shared our excitement when we got "two lines" on our at home pregnancy test.  She also shared our lows when I miscarried at six weeks - sharing with me the stories of the children conceived between me and my sister - stories I knew and have known all my life, but did not understand in the same way I do know.  She understood my tears and hurt, and admitted being unable to change things if only she could.

I appreciate her honesty, integrity and her unconditional love.
    Of course, I also love her for her stubbornness, and stroppiness also - I know where I got it from!. After all, this is a the woman who told me when I really didn't want to visit a slightly dodgy friend - "Just tell her your mother is a b***h, and won't let you." to help me save face...and grinned while I actually did say that over the phone!
    Love ya mum!

3. Kevin Peter profile image60
    Kevin Peterposted 10 years ago

She is awesome because I think she loves and cares me the most. She is ready to do anything for me.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

my mom is good at cooking nyonya food. She kept us healthy, strong and always protect us from any harm. She is just like the mother hen covering up her little chicks with her wings.

5. prettynutjob30 profile image84
    prettynutjob30posted 10 years ago

My mom is a total goofball, just like me, there is never a dull moment when I am around her.  She makes up little catch phrases and words like goober knuckle, and calls me her blippty-boo, lol. She is such a kidder and extremely sweet, she means the world to me.

1. Billie Kelpin profile image85
      Billie Kelpinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

- my mom too!  She used to bring crackers and beer to the Murphy bed where I slept and sing me sad songs about World War II and recite "If" to me by heart and Longfellow's "The Villiage Blacksmith".  She never turned away from anyone in need.

6. DDE profile image48
    DDEposted 10 years ago

My mother is the best for me in many ways, she always advised me correctly and put me on a pedestal no matter what, in many cases mothers know best.  A woman of pride who loves her children and would help out at anytime she shows love and care at all times

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 10 years ago

My Mom faced the worst that can happen in a person's life and thrived.  She faced challenges up to the last moment of her life with more courage than I've ever seen in another person.  Seeing her to that, tells me I can do more than I thhink I can.  That's awesome.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)