My father and grandfather are bald. What chance do I have?

1. nirosan profile image60
    nirosanposted 4 years ago

My father and grandfather are bald. What chance do I have?

2. jabelufiroz profile image71
    jabelufirozposted 4 years ago

I fell victim to that "myth" myself. The old saying that if your grandfather on your mother's side had a full head of hair, you probably won't go bald." Well.... guess what? In my particular case, that turned out to be a lie. And to add insult to injury, my little brother has a full head of hair.

My dad is almost as bald as Elmer Fudd. And when I started to lose my hair, I started freaking out. I look at my dad and I cringe! I do NOT want to look lilke THAT! Some people look really good with a shaved or bald head. I'm not one of them. Sooo... after a few years of denial, I decided to see if there was anything I could do about it. I had a restoration procedure (transplant) done, back in October of last year. YES it was expensive, but I'm quite pleased with the results. In spite of the restoration surgery, it is doubtful that my hair will ever have all of the thick, lush, gorgeous, flowing locks it once did when I was a teenager. It still looks a bit thin on top, but..... my hairline looks MUCH better now, and the spot on my crown isn't nearly as obvious. I no longer look like I'm going bald. I'm nearing my 6-month anniversary since the procedure. The hair is still filling in, slowly but surely. I am very happy with the results so far. Will I go back for more, to give it some additional fullness? Probably, maybe in a year or two, after I pay down the bill.

So.... will you go bald? If your family, either side, has a history of baldness, the odds are "probably" greater that you might be affected by it. Just how much, who knows? You just never know. Take care of your hair, and use products designed to combat the male hormone responsible for male pattern baldness. If you do this early enough, you "Might" be able to retain and maintain what you have. A lot of people don't really notice the hairloss issue until it has really started to set in and they've already lost a great deal of hair.

3. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

You could be the victim soon as well I have seen many men bald at young ages and their sons  the same you can't  change it stop it from happening, Take for example Prince William, he  is the same as his dad.

working