Why sometimes the children of same parents grow up to be so different from each

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Sundeep Kataria profile image62
    Sundeep Katariaposted 10 years ago

Why sometimes the children of same parents grow up to be so different from each other ?

Quite a few times it is observed that one of the siblings is an extra ordinary success in life / career / health while others are below average in the same domain. Why is it so?

2. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

my bro is more like my mom, hot temper, has diabetic and lots of negative thoughts. I am more like my dad, takes things easy, lack of temper and very patient. So i guess siblings characters and behavior got to do with parents gene or behavior?

Sundeep Katariaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hello peachpurple! Thanks for sharing. Are there any observations which can completely make us understand this phenomenon of nature ?

3. DDE profile image46
    DDEposted 10 years ago

I have seen this in many families well even in my own each child has  a different character and so different from the other in every other way one child is like the father while the other is like the mother.

Do you have an idea DDE that why is it so ? Since they get the same environment, same education, same love from the parents.

2. DDE profile image46
      DDEposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is so because each child reflects each of their parents genes and  raised in the same home  makes them want to  be different   while listening to their  parents family history  the child  picks up new information.

4. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 10 years ago

I think it has to do with a couple of things. 1. The person in general. Peopla are naturally differnt. 2. Influence. Many people do what they havebeen taught or evern shown. What they know to be in their lives. Things such as anger, and quiet. 3. The opposite. Many people come from situations that they did not like. Causing them to work harder to actually do better, or do differently. It gives them a reason to work hard for where they are or visa versa. 4. Nature: Sometimes nature is the part. Somehow it is made up in our genes to be a specific way. People who have certain problems tend to be angrier and so on.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 10 years ago

They have different social coping mechanisms.

6. jada67 profile image42
    jada67posted 10 years ago

That is a hard question to answer why children with the same parents are indifferent. There are so many answers but no one really knows,  except the good lord. jada67

7. April Garner profile image69
    April Garnerposted 10 years ago

The source of children's personalities and altitudes is complex.  There's the influence of nature (genes) and nurture (environment.). In the case of genes, even children who are siblings express different genes, though they have the same parents.  And, even children who are raised in the same family experience different environmental circumstances.  Being a first born is, for instance, a different experience from being the baby of the family.  I have participated in several seminars on birth order and found it amazing how much you can predict behavior based on it.  To complicated matters, there is an interaction between nature and nurture where they influence each other.  A child's personality will somewhat affect how you treat that child, and your treatment will also affect the child's personality.  In short, the source of our adult personas is very complicated, and it's hard to discern where particular characteristics come from.

8. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

Good question, Sundeep...and not difficult at all, to explain.  Each and every individual is expressly unique...even siblings.  We each have our own specific DNA, unlike a single other human being.  DNA is responsible, in large part, in developing our personality and WHO we ultimately become as adults.
    Throughout history, we can clearly see that even identical twins are rarely like one another in most ways, other than appearance.   I recently became aware of this reality, up close and personal.  I have 3 month old fraternal twin grandsons.  Even at this very early stage of their life.....they are as different in personality and behavior as night and day!
    Hate to be the bearer of disappointing news....but we parents are not as "influential" as we think we are!!  LOL
    "Success," btw....is in the eye of the beholder and comes in many many forms.

You are a magician with your words. Thanks Paula.

9. myefforts profile image52
    myeffortsposted 10 years ago

There are a lot of factors involved here. I have observed that the attitude/behavior of parents is not same with all children, though they try their best to do so but I think it is natural. The first kid in the family is often much cared about, possibly because of the first experience of the parents. Situation is similar with the last kid. He/She gets some special attention because he/she is the youngest one. After that, the social circle of the children further defines, what they are going to aim for their future. Friends play a major role.
    I believe there are a lot of other factors as well.

Good observations Asif. Thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)