jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What is YOUR position as a parent regarding the issue of teens dating? Are you

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What is YOUR position as a parent regarding the issue of teens dating?  Are you for or against it?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8570948_f260.jpg

2. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

I'm not opposed to teen dating.  As long as the teens are understanding of the consequences of sex, unprotected sex and the like.  I'd like to think that once an honest talk is achieved, they'll understand me and where I'm coming from.  I'm not against it simply because if I didn't allow my son/daughter to date, they'd do it behind my back.  I want them to be honest with me and I want to be involved in knowing who their boyfriend/girlfriend is.

3. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 4 years ago

With all the horrific things that happens to children, I am against teen dating.  However, if my children bring up the notion and really want to "try" it out, then I would have to meet the parents, invite them over for dinner, and then only can our children go on a date with a group of people in a place we are familiar with and can get to in a reasonable time frame if something were to happen.  It is my job as a parent to protect my children while at the same time giving them a safe environment to express themselves and experience life.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am also against teen dating.  The teenage years should be spent pursuing educational and career goals.  Relationships should be delayed until one is in his/her 20s, then they can date and experiement.

2. profile image0
      dragonflycolorposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, in their 20s is best.  By then, they are (hopefully) educated enough to make the right decision on their life partner as well.

4. grand old lady profile image84
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

I'm against teen dating. Thing is, even when you think you are watching like a hawk, kids find a way to do it anyway. My kid did. Even if it may be unavoidable, if you load your kid with lots of love and positive values, they will probably handle teen dating better.

5. PoeticFailosophy profile image57
    PoeticFailosophyposted 4 years ago

Grandchildren, yay!!!!!!!!

working