jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you were a strict parent, what were the benefits of your parenting style in t

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

If you were a strict parent, what were the benefits of your parenting style in terms of your

children?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8554100_f260.jpg

2. profile image56
    tbHistorianposted 4 years ago

The benefits of my strict parenting style include 4 highly successful and wonderful loving children, 9 highly successful and wonderful loving grandchildren, and 2 soon to be highly successful and wonderful loving great-grandchildren.
    I am sure that through this same strict parenting effort, many highly successful and wonderful loving heirs will be forthcoming.
    Providing a solid strict parenting example through truthful praise and loving criticism properly builds the children’s talents and abilities.  This structure restricts damaging interference.  Through this positive parenting it promotes better academic and emotional outcomes for the child.
    Focus in my strict parenting effort is based on the needs of advancement for the child through supportive skill and knowledge training.  This includes continual interaction with the child concerning all academic, psyche, and social agendas.  Through this intimate transfer the child advances greatly as they energize self-motivation. 
    "Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." William Jennings Bryan
    "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves." William Shakespeare
    "Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work." Aristotle
    "The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand." Vince Lombardi
    "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." Confucius
    "Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." Aristotle
    "We must continually seek to expand our wisdom daily during our lifetime.  Then when we meet our Lord, he shall say-Well done my child." tbHistorian

3. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Education is number one
    Be respectful
    Polite
    Love the child
    Encourage Self-esteem
    Communication is important to know what your child is up to
    Show interest in  a child's life

4. Edward J. Palumbo profile image86
    Edward J. Palumboposted 4 years ago

My daughter is now 28, my son is 22. Compared to their peers, I was relatively strict on some issues. My wife and I provided a standard or code of conduct. If you provide guidelines and they are ignored or circumvented, there has to be consequences. None of our requirements were unreasonable, but I leave little latitude for dishonesty, disrespect or disobedience. They were praised when they did well, and corrected when they willfully disregarded the guidelines with which they were provided. They learned to be well-socialized, considerate, people with respect for limits on behavior. They learned respect for authority. Yes, they are bright and they were occasionally mischievous. My wife and I parented as a team, discussed many issues to remain consistent with each other and with our children. My wife was the nurturing parent, and I was the disciplinarian. Those roles came naturally; I have a military background, my wife is an excellent nurse (RN). I lived the conduct I expected and was not above the rules. Today, I am thankful for my children, close to them, and proud of them.

working