jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Did acne plague you as a teen, or does it plague one of your kids?

1. JRScarbrough profile image90
    JRScarbroughposted 4 years ago

Did acne plague you as a teen, or does it plague one of your kids?

I had acne some, but not very bad. My son has it worse. I worry because it causes so many emotional upsets and harms a teen’s self esteem. I nag him all the time to stop popping pimples cause I want them to disappear completely.

Did you have acne or your kids? Do you have any advice that could help me help my son deal with it emotionally? I want him to have a carefree frame of mind about it but I’m not sure how to go about it.

2. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Ive never had any issue with acne as a child or in adulthood, I do however have a friend that has it horribly. To the point where the look like huge cysts, all over his back, shoulders, chest and face. It looks terrible. I advised him to seek some serious medical treatment.

3. healthbeautynut profile image60
    healthbeautynutposted 4 years ago

I suffered from acne as a teenager and it really killed my self esteem. My little brother has it too but thankfully its not too bad. I buy him alot of natural products to put on his face which has been really helping. I also dont mention his face at all, no matter how bad it gets. That way he knows that his face is not always the subject of conversation whenevr I see him. I also always throw compliments here and there such as "man, you look handsome" which helps to build his self esteem. I think this will help your son deal with it emotionally. Yes your face is the first thing that people see when they meet you, but at least it will not be the ONLY thing that they see. Hope this helps.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

when i was young, i don;t have acne problems. My daughter has, luckily not serious. I think it is due to lack of water and fruits in our body system.

working