Why would a person invest a lot time into something they do not like?

1. profile image53
    foodfortalkposted 3 years ago

Why would a person invest a lot time into something they do not like?

Use scenarios such as jobs,college, and relationships.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Self-discipline as been described as being willing to defer immediate pleasure for long-term gain.
    You may not be fond of what you're presently doing whether it be a job or courses in college but if you deem it to be a prerequisite for realizing your dreams you'll press on to complete those tasks.
    However with regard to mate selection each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse. We get to determine who we will spend our time with. It makes little sense to invest a lot of time being in an unhappy relationship. If one is unhappy in relationship and chooses to stay then (they) are choosing to be unhappy.
    Our lives for the most part are the end result of the chooses and decisions (we) have made along the way. Each of us is responsible for our own happiness!

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Speaking from experience (I seriously hate my job), I can say that I'm doing it for several different reasons. I tolerate it because it pays better than equivalent jobs, gives me time to write, and has surprisingly good benefits. The downside is that I'm an introvert working in an extroverts job, I have to deal with some of the worst patrons public service has to offer and I have absolutely no room to grow. The cons outweigh the pros, but I have neither the courage nor the funds to quit. So I keep chugging along, hoping to hit it big as an author.

working