jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

If you came from a two parent home did you feel one parent loved you more than t

1. Penny G profile image68
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

If you came from a two parent home did you feel one parent loved you more than the other?

Did one parent obviously show more attention and favor to you?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9183227_f260.jpg

2. Snøwman profile image60
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

I live with both parents and no, they both love me equally.

1. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

GREAT answer!

2. Penny G profile image68
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sadly mine did not. My Mom always made it known I was like my Dad and the marriage was an unhappy, so she treated me as though I was the problem.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I think my older brother was my dad's favorite and my mom was usually more supportive of my goals than my dad. That said, I think both he and my mom loved me equally, they just showed it in different ways.

It seemed like our parents picked sides, like teams. I was always on my Dad's, I was more like him.

4. ladyweight profile image82
    ladyweightposted 3 years ago

I grew up in a wonderful home with both parents. I know they both loved me, but I was closest to my dad. We were best friends. He supported me more than my mom and showed so much interest in my friends, hobbies and interests. When he died I suffered tremendously, having to take leave from College for a year. I still miss him and to this day, over 15 years, I haven't gathered the courage to visit his grave.

I have children of my own and their dad and I love them both. I have to admit though that one of them makes me smile a little extra each day. Parents will not have favorites as a matter of choice, but children could have different personalities and charisma that parents might find more alluring than others. Its just the nature of things. We might love our children unconditionally, but no two children are equal. They all require personalized emotional care.

5. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

I did grow up in a two parent home, but never really felt either of my parents favored more than the other. As I think about it, it may have appeared my father gave me much more attention as he attended every basketball game from the age of 5 all the way through college, and coached me along the way. My mother attend a lot of games as well, she gave me her attention, just in different ways.

My Mother lost interest in her children, as she was unhappy in her life and marriage.

working