jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

We are not in love, but we want to have a kid together, your thought?

1. profile image60
    peter565posted 2 years ago

We are not in love, but we want to have a kid together, your thought?

In our parent's generation, you should get married to have kids, but more and more gen Y, felt the marriage process is redundant.  If two people are good friends and felt the other make good parent and the two work as a good team, to have children, they felt, satisfied to have a child together, via artificial mean and work together to raise the kid.  They don't need to be in love or be together. (although usually when a guy and girl are good mates, they will sooner or later become BF and GF and if they have a kid together, that just encourage they becoming a couple later.)

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

not in our country. If a couple are just good friends and thought of having kids together, they are considered "crazy" in our community. I admire western country for doing so.

3. Akriti Mattu profile image76
    Akriti Mattuposted 2 years ago

Bringing a child into this world is the greatest thing ever. However without love between parents, it'll never be fair to the child.

4. Old-Empresario profile image83
    Old-Empresarioposted 2 years ago

Sounds terrible. How will you manage custody and who gets to pay and make the decisions on the child's life (I'm guessing you pay and she makes the decisions)? Also, what if the mother of your child meets her Mr. Right and marries him? Now that guy is raising your child. Without knowing you or having more information, I vote no.