Which PARENT would YOU rather HAVE -a critical,authoritarian, even negative affl

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Which PARENT would YOU rather HAVE -a critical,authoritarian, even negative affluent parent

who can offer you every possible, conceivable opportunity & even the world or an encouraging, nurturing, even positive impoverished parent who really cannot offer you anything tangible but only can offer you words of kindness, love, & encouragement?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12242181_f260.jpg

2. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I'll take the words of encouragement, kindness and love - those are what help people develop the self-esteem and desire to grow and do great things.  Emotional abuse and negativity are what tear people down.  I grew up in a home where neglect and emotional abuse was common - and every now and again I'd get some trinket I wanted or some money thrown at something.  No amount of money can fix a broken person, but a person who has been given a solid foundation will have the strength of character and desire to do great things.  Where there's a will there's a way - I'd rather be a stable person of lesser means than a broken person with unlimited money.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

What is negative affluent? If you are referring to poverty, there are many good, decent parents who did a good job raising kids despite having little money, because they gave time and attention and moral upbringing.

working