jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Why do people lie?

1. Masha Winkler profile image60
    Masha Winklerposted 23 months ago

Why do people lie?

So this is a continuous pattern for me including everyone around me, the fact that people lie. I'm not talking about the small white lies, I'm talking about the ones that change the game of the story. I was acquainted by a classmate of mine to play basketball and chill out and relax, and only for that but later in the week people came up to me in school saying " Masha, I heard you and ___ were making love" as I pleaded that didn't happen nor would it, they still believed it. Just the fact that the kid who is mind you much younger than me had the audacity to lie and change the entire situation.

2. hakeem122 profile image59
    hakeem122posted 23 months ago

Because the truth is not always a good thing .... lying sometimes be comfortable and honesty be tired .... and because life is so, my dear

1. Masha Winkler profile image60
      Masha Winklerposted 23 months agoin reply to this

exactly, there are way too many for society to try and correct them, starting even with the government to social media and social statuses.

3. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 23 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12923329_f260.jpg

People lie everyday. I am lying right now. Except for that .. and that ... and that ...
    All kidding aside, I hate rumors, which is what this person is doing. It hurts.  I have no answer for you  other than EVERYBODY lies. It's inherent. The only thing I can tell you is perhaps the person who told you this rumor  is in fact the person who is lying.  Just to stir things up and spin you up and let go of you like a top. Just to see your reaction - for fun.  To tell if the person who told you this rumor is in fact lying themselves then I suggest http://hubpages.com/relationships/BTLS  "How to spot a lie"

Unfortunately there is no proving a negative and unable to have no proof if the truth is told, only when a lie is spoken.

4. Alan Grace profile image76
    Alan Graceposted 23 months ago

They do it because of their anger, pride, deceit and greed. They do it because they want to gain something. They may want respect, money or something else. They may even be afraid or have some hidden fear, and so they lie. People have a subtle fear deep within them, they may think, 'what will they say to me?' They gradually get into the habit of lying, to such a point that they will lie even when they do not have fear.

working