jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How would you define a GOOD MOTHER?

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 24 months ago

How would you define a GOOD MOTHER?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8369361_f260.jpg

2. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 24 months ago

A "good mother" would take the time to prepare for the emotional, financial, and time intensive effort it takes to raise a child. It's not always going to be easy or hard, but it does require a HUGE commitment. Most people can't handle it and that is why there are so many mal-adjusted people in the world.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 24 months agoin reply to this

Spot on statement!

3. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 24 months ago

By my own measure of good and Light. It would be my perception, of course. If she shows me a way to walk towards Light and away from darkness; if she encourages my strengths as opposed to my weaknesses; if she asks me, and shows by example, never to do anything that makes me weak. If she directs me to the Heart-room and not that of the mind.

She would demonstrate impartiality and by so doing correct me when I'm wrong or moving away from all that seems wholesome and grant or promote peacefulness. I would cherish a mother that teaches education and knowledge, ever reminding me that wisdom is in fact infinitely greater, and that experience is the greatest teacher, not books.

Still, I would love a holistic mum, one that recognises that the whole orange is important and each part has a role to play: the rind, peel or skin; the outer covering, flesh and seeds and even the juice! In the same way, I would hope that she teaches me to love scriptures, knowing that I can be inspired, but not so attached that I become blind.

I would look for her sacrifice, Love; fortitude and tenacity or steadfastness on the Path, and finally I would love to hear from her that there is light also in darkness and it can help me to grow.

working