jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

When is our parents wrong?

1. Evane profile image52
    Evaneposted 22 months ago

When is our parents wrong?

When do you think is our parents wrong?

2. profile image61
    ezba29posted 22 months ago

Few parents will insist their children to do what all they missed in their childhood but it may be good as well as bad. For example if they never had money in their childhood and want to spend money for their children is not a bad thing but at the same time it will take them to wrong so everything has some limit. Few parents don't get love from their parents  or they may be strict to children so they will show lot of love without restriction. I would like to share that as parent they should be both sides good and bad.they have to set limit for everything and now a days children's are too exposure to the world so as a parents they have to sit and talk to all good things.  Spend little time for them daily then only they can listen to you. You can change children by love and affection.

1. Evane profile image52
      Evaneposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Awesome answer! So when is your parent wrong?

2. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 22 months agoin reply to this

My parents were wrong when they didn't encourage me to study

3. profile image61
      ezba29posted 22 months agoin reply to this

Thank you evane ! We all sit together discuss everything and we will handle it. Parents have to share few problems to children then they can learn how hard parents are suffering and how we have to be in life.

4. Evane profile image52

@peachy: Yes, that can be a good proof that parents can also commit wrong

5. profile image61
      ezba29posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Peachy I will always accept parents have part in children education but along with them surrounding can deviate studies.this point parents need to be strict with children and force them to study. After few years they will realize why parents scolded.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 22 months ago

Life is a (personal) journey.
    Therefore no one outside of yourself can truly know what makes you happy, what your dreams and goals are. That's an internal discovery.
    The role of a parent is to protect, teach, and guide the child to become an independent, responsible, self-reliant contributing member of society. Mentally & emotionally graduate into adulthood.
    Parents (in my opinion) are "wrong" when they refuse to allow their adult children to take charge of their own life.
    The rite of passage to adulthood is learning to stand on your own. Some parents refuse to allow their children adulthood independence.
    There's a time when it's best to kick an adult child out the nest and allow them to fly or learn from mistakes. Ideally everything a parent has equipped them with during their formative years will serve them.
    It's okay to be there to provide (solicited advice) but not to interfere.

1. Evane profile image52

What is your answer to the question then?