jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do LGBT parents create straight children?

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 17 months ago

How do LGBT parents create straight children?

2. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 17 months ago

What an interesting question. I just assumed people understood that sexual preference was nature and not nurture. Is it your understanding that gay people are trained to be gay?
    I reckon I just figured people were not that ignorant anymore. A choice to like blondes over brunettes my have something to do with mommy issues. But it would take a full neanderthal to think that sexual preference was a taught trait.
    But this is such a bizarre notion that I want to hear answers. It will be fun to hear from the lunatic fringe Christians on this. I think I know about 10 folks that are alternative in the sexual preference arena. And all of them were born from heterosexual parents. I have four great normal children but I am crazy as a Loon. How in the heck did they turn out normal?

3. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 17 months ago

I am interested in opening up a discussion from another perspective. It doesnt neccessarily mean this is my view. However, I know it is still someone's view, someone's quandary. What do you know or think?

4. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 17 months ago

There is no gene for homosexuality. In lesbianism, it is overwhelmingly a choice, where many women choose to be with other women for emotional reasons or response to bad relationships with men. For homosexual men, there is a strong biological link - the odds a man will be homosexual are directly related to his number of older brothers. Theory is that the mother's body starts to fight the testosterone and leads to feminized younger sons. However, despite sexual attraction, one can still choose how you live your life.

Given that sexual attraction is partially biological but sexual behavior is a choice, children of homosexuals grow up where the behavior is seen as the norm but biology is TBD.

Per the Regnerus New Family Structure Study (NFSS) study, around 60% of children of lesbian and 70% of children of homosexual men identified as strictly homosexual, versus more than 90% of children of heterosexual couples.
    Those who identified as heterosexual had experimented with same sex relationships at a much higher rate than the general population.

5. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 17 months ago

If parents determined the sexual orientation of their children by their own orientation there would be no such thing as LGBT people!
    Every gay person is the product of a (heterosexual) union.
    If straight parents can raise gay offspring than there's no reason to believe gay people can't raise straight children.
    My parents didn't talk me into being attracted to women nor I did I flip a coin to make that decision. It was naturally instinctive.
    Truth be told my single mother discouraged me and my brothers from getting involved with girls. She felt school was the priority.
    Nevertheless she had no bearing on our sexual orientation.