What is motherhood?
I feel as if this vague question is something every woman should ask before having children. There are so many answers and opinions on what motherhood is and how you should or should not act as a mother. I find it difficult to base this question off of one answer and have often reconsidered my theory of why motherhood truly is.
To make and raise a child into a functioning independent adult. Adoption means taking in a child and raising it as a functioning independent adult
(1) Having children only when one is emotionally, financially, & psychologically prepared to do so. When mothers are emotionally, financially, & psychologically prepared, mothers are less stressed therefore, they can be free to devote their time to their children wo undue stress.
(2) Having children only when one is at least socioeconomically solidly middle class & above. Mothers are less stressed when they are socioeconomically affluent. Also they can provide their children w/myriad educational & socioeconomic opportunities which lower middle, working, lower income mothers can't provide. Simply put, solidly middle, upper middle class, & upper class mothers can provide & invest in their children's futures.
(3) Not having MORE children than one can afford to take care of. Smart, intelligent, & loving mothers have the amount of children that they can provide for emotionally & financially w/o enlisting the aid of older children in the family. A true mother has the amount of children that she can give individualized love & attention to.
(4) Loving all children equally, never playing favorites w/any child. Favoritism oftentimes causes irreparable & irrevocable damage to children in the family, especially the disfavored child.
(5) Never comparing one child to another child. This behavior also causes irreparable damage to children.
(6) Valuing children for their uniqueness-never consigning them to be homogenous.
(7) Encouraging & valuing their unique talents, never disparaging their talents & telling them that their aspirations & goals are unrealistic & unattainable.
(8) Encouraging questioning, independence & thinking outside of the box instead of emphasizing blind conformity.
(9) Valuing & loving your oldest children & not babying your youngest children.
(10) Don't be threatened if your children choose a vastly different lifestyle & belief than you. Children have the right to live their own lives.
by H C Palting3 years ago
What do you think would happen if more people delayed or chose not to have children?It is a personal choice to have or not to have children. However, would there be mostly positive results or mostly negative results if...
by Grace Marguerite Williams2 years ago
Why is it irresponsible, immoral, unintelligent, even illogical to have large/very largefamilies( 6 children or more per family), especially in this postmodern day and age when advanced contraceptive technologies are...
by MrsHernandez3 months ago
Who Is a mother? What make a woman a real mother?There are enough women out there having kids but still are not mothers, they just have kids because they can and because they want to, others have kids because it comes...
by Merida Craze4 weeks ago
I work in a corporate office and we have a nursery in our office building so that those who can't get babysitters make use of the nursery. It's a new scheme we've introduced for the working mothers in our...
by Sandi Kroeger14 months ago
Do you believe that parents of a child should be married?Or do you believe that it no longer makes much difference as long as both attempt to be the best parent they can be?
by shop online fast6 years ago
Yeah. what's up?What's this i'm hearing, in a certain poor neighbor, that children are more naturally drawn to their mothers than their fathers. is this true?what's up with this nature, nurture?tell me....
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.