Why are younger/youngest siblings MORE SELFISH & LESS RESPONSIBLE than oldest/ol

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 14 months ago

Why are younger/youngest siblings MORE SELFISH & LESS RESPONSIBLE than oldest/older siblings?

In multi-child families, THE OLDEST/OLDER siblings ALWAYS pull their weight in the family while THE YOUNGER/YOUNGEST siblings seldom, if ever, pull their familial weight.  It isn't uncommon for oldest/older siblings to help their family of origin, oftentimes neglecting themselves, husband &/or even children while the younger/youngest siblings never help their family of origin, even expecting the oldest/older siblings to ALWAYS help out, even support the family or origin. In other words, the burden of familial support in multi-child families always go to the....OLDEST/OLDER siblings!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8161787_f260.jpg

2. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 13 months ago

It is true, especially if the youngest child is a son, worst.

My brother is the youngest, I paid his college fees, his car, things that he needed but in the end, he scolded me for not giving money after I am married

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 13 months ago

My grandfather was the third of four children. Once, I asked him why he let my grandmother do all the housework and most other activities, though he did have a job and played with his grandchildren. He replied, "That's how I grew up." I asked for clarification. "Growing up, my mother and older sisters did everything. The only job I had was doing good at school and entertaining my younger brother who played with my toys anyway."
    Some families do fastidiously engage younger siblings in chores, but other parents just assume since parents and maybe the oldest child(ren) work, why bother the younger ones?

working