jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it wrong to choose to have a child via sperm donor and raise the child as a s

1. Tristina Green profile image59
    Tristina Greenposted 8 months ago

Is it wrong to choose to have a child via sperm donor and raise the child as a single parent?

I have chosen to have a child via sperm donor. I have not gone through the process yet. I have a plan to have my first child via sperm donor around three to four years from now. I've actually been planning this for two years now. I've heard all the reasons why I shouldn't and they don't seem valid. I don't want the stress and drama that comes with a relationship. I just want children. I've always wanted children and for me this is what I want to do because it feels right.

2. savvydating profile image95
    savvydatingposted 8 months ago

Parenting is a great blessing. If marriage isn't for you and you are financially secure, then I think you should follow your heart. Being a single mother has it's challenges, but then, so do most responsibilities we choose to take on.
    One other thing, if you have a son, try to enroll him in sports or functions where he learns the value of teamwork. Also. the male coach can help provide him with some positive examples of manhood. In short, males really do need some male influence from time to time.

3. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 8 months ago

Tristina,It appears U have put serious, sensible & mature thought into this possible future event of UR life.I wish U much success.
    By hard core facts of marriage statistics.."Single Moms" lead by a long shot....so,do as U wish! smile

4. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 7 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13412159_f260.jpg

YES IT IS.  In order for children to thrive, they need TWO parents- a mother & father.  Studies have shown that children in single mother households don't do as well as children in two parent households.  Before you have children, GET MARRIED to an intelligent, loving, educated man who will give your child(ren) the necessary love.  Children need mothers & fathers.

working