Parents who leave their children

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)
  1. profile image49
    JeannieBurgendyposted 13 years ago

I never undstood how my father could leave us kids. After mom and him got divorced, he would make trips up to see us for the first year and half. but then things changed, he found another women who also had children but we were excluded even thought he  would go every weekend to visit her children. He wouldn't even come up from Sanato , Texas to give me away at my wedding. when i called him and told him i was getting married in three weeks he told me that was not enough time for him to take time off. Which I knew was a lie because he was the district manager of the wilcol appliace center and he traveled all week all he would have needed to do was take off Friday and fly up and he could have flown back home on the same night. The last time i saw my father I was 17 years old and he was bfinging my sister back to my mother because his mother had just passed away and he had to go to new Jersey to help his father. when he first got with this women we were not allowed to know where he lived, his phone number or work number. When he sent my mother her child support check he would black out his address and phone number. I got married and had my uncle walk me down the isle. We had two children both girls,. I would write him and send him pictures of the kids every year. later I found out that he got married in Navada the same year as I did and only 12 day's later. the last few years i was able to work i would call him and beg him to either come up here or let me come down there. I wanted him to meet his grandchildren.He would say that if I or my family and i came down then it would cause problems, but he would never say what problems or with who. He started sending money up for christmas about 10 years ago, when ever we sented him any letters or pictures of our children we had to send it to his work. i know that one of her son's who was older then me lived with them and was in some kind of trouble.  One of the last times i spoke with him about coming up he promised tha he would try around spring time , but never did. he also promised me that I would see him again before he died, but once again that didn't happen. He passed away on Feburary 13,2010. My heart acks for him i missed my father for 27 years and will miss him  until i see him in heaven. I don't understand why he would go everyweek end to see her kids but never come up here to see his and meet his grandchildren. If you are left by a parent or both parents at some time alway's send letters and pictures of you and your family.  Because then if you do then you won't feel like you never tried. You won't be the one who say's this is wrong and i should fix it because you did your best to make amends for the hell your mother and hin went through. Rodney Howard Hansen 03/29/1939 to 02/13/2010
    I love you and miss you every day dad I talk to you Just like I do mom and the rest of the family and GOD.

1. swapna123 profile image61
      swapna123posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you know why he decided to leave you folks ? I generally don't find any explanation for leaving the kids to be meaningful, and strongly believe that people who leave their children behind are merely running away from their own responsibility. However, not all would agree with me.  Divorces can be quite painful and some folks just want to forget the whole thing and start over. Maybe he didn't want to be reminded of his old life or his family.

You are surely a wonderful person and tried all that you could to be in touch with someone who didn't love you.  Take it as a learning and do all that you can for your children so that they would have no complaints in future. God bless you !

2. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

It is sad the things that family can do, but your right, you did try. I am sorry you went through this, maybe you should rewrite this in a hub? I find that sometimes, writing stuff down like this, can help me to feel better. Good luck!!

3. cluense profile image70
    cluenseposted 13 years ago

JeannieBurgendy,

Sometimes Mom's and Dad's feel so much guilt for what they have done it is easier for them to just run away from the guilt, shame, and pain. He hurt as much as you did. Most likely he could not forgive himself enough to see you without great duress to himself. It is not your fault! You did all you could! All you can do is forgive your dad and pray that one day you will meet up again. You need to move on and you need to know that no matter what he loved you in his own way. The only way that he could!

Love and Blessings,
    Cluense

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you have children, you have responsibility and you have to be there for them no matter what, no matter how difficult your circumstances are, or your problems, they need you always, at any age.

4. mythbuster profile image71
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

This might make a better hub than forum post.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)