- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Aloo Dumwale Recipe | Creamy Potatoes Recipe
You can rate me
Last Saturday, all of a sudden, one of my husband's friend with his family came to visit us and I didn't have enough groceries to prepare something special for them. I found only some sweet potatoes and Egg left in my store. Nothing came into my mind except Egg Curry and Aloo (Potato) Dumwale. Generally I use to make Aloo Dum in Bengali style, but this time I preferred to do something different (because my guests were Non Bengali) like North Indian Style. This is the first time, I prepared Aloo Dumwale.
For my friends, who are not very much familiar with Indian cuisine, I want to describe the dish in detail. Dum a is cookery proficiency. It is a dumb-cooking method, where the master ingredients with other ingredients/spices are kept in a closed pan with lid on a very minimum heat. The pan is kept closed so no steam can get away.
Other Vegetable Recipes
- Mixed Vegetable Makhni Recipe
- Paneer (Cottage cheese) in Hot Garlic Sauce Recipe
- Green Peas Masala Recipe | A Perfect Side Dish for C...
- Creamy Green Peas Recipe | Green Peas Recipe | How t...
- Navaratan Korma Recipe
- Dhokar Dalna Recipe | A lesson in Lentil Cakes | Spe...
- Vegetable Fried Ball Recipe : Nutritional Indian Sna...
What you Need
- 400 gms Baby Potatoes
- To deep fry + 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 2 Black Cardamoms
- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Red Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Cashew nut paste
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree
- 1/2 cup Yogurt, whisked
- 1 tsp Dry fenugreek leaves
- 3-4 tbsp Fresh Cream
- to taste Salt and Sugar
- 2-3 Green Chili
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander leaves, Paste
- Peel, wash potatoes with peeler.Wipe dry with a cloth.Heat sufficient oil in a wok and deep fry till lightly brown.Drain onto an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Boil onion with one tablespoon water (if needed add more), two black cardamom seeds for 2-3 mins in microwave.Grind it into fine paste.
- Heat two table spoons of oil in a non stick pan.Add boil onion paste.Cook still fat starts to separate.
- Add ginger and garlic paste.Stir for sometime.Add Red chili powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder, cashew nut paste,tomato puree and yogurt,Mix well.
- Add deep fry potatoes.Add approximately two and half cups of water and salt.Add sugar as per taste.Let it simmer for some time.
- Finish with kasoori methi and fresh cream.Serve Hot.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Carbohydrates 35 g||12%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 375 mg||16%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2014 M K Paul