- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Healthy Fruit Bread
Lots of Fruit
Breakfast Recipe: Apple Bread
My mother used to make cake for breakfast almost every day. She was not one to get up early in the morning to fix breakfast. so my sister and I just grabbed a chunk of this cake with either juice or milk. We certainly got all the nutrition we needed for the day. This breakfast bread has a load of healthy ingredients to include whole grains, fruit, cinnamon and honey.
I didn't have the recipe for this cake, so most of what I used was from memory. I had to do a lot of experimentation until I got the correct measurements for it to bake properly. I usually vary the fruits I use depending what I have on hand. You can use different breads or even mix and match what you have around the house. I used non fat milk and sometimes just egg whites instead of whole eggs. and it works fine. Stale bread works well with this recipe. Actually this is a good solution for using stale bread instead of throwing it out. You can also leave the crust on the bread or cut it off.
You can serve this breakfast cake warm or at room temperature.
Lots of Nuts
Honey and Cinnamon
Ingredients For Breakfast Bread
- One Average Size Loaf Whole Grain bread
- One Cup Milk
- Two Eggs or three egg whites
- One Cup Apples, Chopped
- One Cup Raisins
- One Cup Dried Apricots, Chopped
- One Cup Waluts, Chopped
- Two Tablespoons Cinnamon
- One half cup Honey
Instructions for Apple Cake
- Slice the crust off an entire loaf of bread or you can leave it on.
- Break the bread into small pieces and put in a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour one cup of milk over the bread and allow to sit for about an hour.
- Beat two eggs into the bread mixture.
- Cut up all the fruit in small pieces.
- Add the fruit mixture to the soaking bread.
- Add the chopped nuts along with cinnamon to the mix.
- Blend in the honey and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a 9" X 13" glass or aluminum pan.
- Pour the mixture in the pan and spread evenly around.
- Bake for approximately 35 to 45 minutes. Put a toothpick in the center to be sure it is done.
- Allow the breakfast bread to sit for about an hour before slicing in squares.
Blend everything well
The Final Apple Bread
Enjoy Some Coffee or Tea with Breakfast
Make Some Bread
Relax with a Delicious Breakfast
Enjoy a square of this breakfast cake with a cup of tea or coffee, You can pat yourself on the back that you have gotten your dose of fiber and fruit for the day.
Enjoy some of my other healthful recipes
- Simple Appetizer Recipes: Mozzarella Cheese
This easy marinated cheese recipe is delicious for appetizers or salads.
- Vegan Recipes: Make Vegetable Stir Fry
Vegans are always looking for delicious recipes to make. This is easy and will meet the strict standards of vegan fare.
- Chicken Breast Stir Fry Recipe
Cooking stir fry chicken is fast, easy and healthful. The chicken is tender and tasty with all the fresh veggies.
- Easy Recipes Make a Fluffy Omelet
Eggs are considered the perfect food by many. Omelets are inexpensive to make, filling and low in calories, as long as you don't add too many fattening ingredients.
- Chicken Curry Recipe with Mushrooms
Make chicken curry with mushrooms. This is a quick, easy, healthy and delicious meal.