- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy Soup Recipes--Curried Lentil
Ready to Eat Curry Lentil Soup
Soup Recipes Easy Curried Lentil Soup
Besides being tasty and healthy you can have this easy curry red lentil soup ready to eat from start to finish in 40 minutes. Lentils, unlike other legumes cook up really fast. Add some rice and vegetables and the soup can boast of containing a wide variety of many vitamins and minerals. I generally make a large pot of soup with hopes that it will last for lunches all week long. Besides being a nutritious recipe it is nice to know lunch is ready on a moment's notice. If my husband and I are home together I just plop a bowl of soup down in front of him; of course he always returns for a second bowl. I used red lentils for this soup but brown or green lentils will work just fine.
Some of the Ingredients for the Soup
Ingredients For Quick Curry Soup
- 7 Quarts Water
- 1 quart Chicken Stock, Canned or fresh
- 5 Cups Lentils, Uncooked
- 1 Cup Brown or Wild Rice, Uncooked
- 2 Cups celery, Chopped
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 4 Cups Greens-spinach, kale, swiss chard,turnip greens
- 1 Cup Carrots, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Curry powder
- 2 Tablespoons Ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoons Garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Oregano
- One small can Tomato Sauce
- One-quarter cup Cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions For Curry Soup
- Boil the water and chicken stock
- While the water is boiling chop all the vegetables and set aside.
- When the water is boiled add the lentils.
- After the lentils have been cooking for about 15 minutes add the brown or wild rice. Add the curry powder at this time.
- Add the vegetables and stir the soup.
- Add all the spices and seasonings.
- Continue cooking until the rice and lentils are tender
Curry Lentil and Rice Soup
Extra Ingredients to add for the soup recipe
- Add a can of chopped tomatoes
- Garlic cloves chopped
- Fresh parsley
- Other vegetables to include: zucchini, chopped green beans, green onions, yellowneck squash and peas.
- Add spices for different taste: tarragon, basil
- Two tablespoons of Olive oil
- You can add any combination of greens. to this curry red lentil soup
- You can vary the spices to your liking.
- You can add more lentils or rice to your taste.
- You can change the vegetables to suit your taste.
Try These Soup Recipes
- Tomato Soup Recipes-From Scratch
Make this healthy tomato soup recipe and get your minimum daily requirement of vegetables.
- Bean Soup: Make Easy White Bean Soup
Bean soup offer many health benefits in the way of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Add lots of different veggies to add taste and vitamins. And to boot, it is easy to make.
- The Best French Onion Soup Recipe: Thick and Delicious
Nothing better than a bowl of onion soup in hot or cold weather. The soup is easy to make and keeps for at least three days in the fridge. You will want to make this again and again.
- Soup Recipes: Butternut Squash and Kale Soup
Nothing is better than warm soup on a cold day. This soups has more than your daily vegetable requirement for the day. This recipe is suitable for a vegan diet.
- Soup Recipes-Make Ramen Soup Healthful
You can be very versatile with different Ramen soup recipes. Add vegetables and even leftovers to give flavor and adda healthy note.