- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Roti and paranthas are staple food for north Indians. In the northern state of Punjab it is very common to have paranthas in breakfast daily. Even though it is high on calories but is liked by all the north Indians. Paranthas are eaten in breakfast lunch an dinner. Also the name of paranthas is derived from its stuffing. It can be Aloo parantha (potato stuffing), mooli parantha (radish stuffing), gobhi parantha (cauliflower stuffing) or pyaz parantha ( onion stuffing). There are countless kind of paranthas. This recipe is called egg parantha because the stuffing is egg in this recipe. I used to like it as a kid. I even like it today and can easily eat 3 or 4 egg paranthas in one go.
1. Whole wheat Flour: 2 cups.
2. Eggs: 10
3. Onion: 1 red Chopped.
4. Green Chilies: 3 Chopped.
5. Cilantro / coriander leaves: 2 tbsp chopped fresh.
6. White pepper powder: ½ Tsp.
7. Oil: Enough to fry.
8 Salt: To taste
Method of prepration:
1. Take a bowl.
2. Mix flour and salt well in the bowl.
3. Add water and kneed to soft dough.
4. Cover the dough with a piece of soft cloth and keep aside.
5. Boil 4 eggs for 10 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes take them out of water.
7. When the temperature of eggs comes down, peel and grate them.
8. Now in a separate bowl, break the remaining 6 eggs.
9. Lightly beat the eggs and set aside.
10. Now in a separate bowl combine the grated eggs with onion, green chilies, salt, white pepper powder and coriander leaves.
11. Mix well.
12. Divide in to 8 portions.
13. Now take the dough and divide in to 8 portions.
14. Make them round.
15. Now using roller pin, roll each dough in to a flat round layer of dough.
16. Now place one portion of egg mixture in the centre of it.
17. Fold in sides to make it square.
18. Now again using roller pin, roll it out in to a parantha.
19. Now take a heavy base non stick pan.
20. Heat oil and place parantha on it.
21. Cook for a minute and roll it over.
22. Now pour some beaten egg over it and sprinkle with oil.
23. Now turn the parantha and pour more egg on other side too so parantha is covered by egg on all sides.
24. Fry on both sides until both sides are golden and crisp.
25. Serve hot.
Do you think you would make these paranthas for kids?
More Recipes from me
- Bombay Potaoes Recipe
This is a very simple potato recipe. It is used all over India and is basically a side dish but can be used as main dish too. It is very easy to make and makes any food very tasty. People carry this dish during travelling and eat it with puri and man
- Chicken Wrap Recipe
This can be used as a snack or as a lunch. Children like it very much and its ingredients are very easily available and it is very easy to make. It is light on stomach, less on calories and high on taste and health. A must for any woman with young ch
- Pomfret Recheiado
ndia has a huge coast line and 3 side of India is covered by sea. Thus sea food is very popular in west, south and east of India. India has a very big variety of sea food with countless varieties of fishes from very small fish to big game fish and It
- Vegetable Curry With Tofu Recipe
Tofu is a kind of cheese made from Soybean. Since soybean is the richest source of proteins so it is very healthy. This dish has lots of vegetables and tofu so it is definitely very healthy as it is rich in proteins but very low on fats and literally
- Tandoori Bell Pepper
Tandoor is an Indian cooking earthen pot which is heated with charcoal or wood to a high degree and it roasts the dishes to a distinct aroma and taste. If you don’t have tandoor , you can also use an over to roast the ingredients. Bell pepper is easi
- Kashmiri Lamb Chops Recipe
The Kashmiri lamb chops is one of the specialty of the region and most Kashmiri people are very fond of lamb and mutton. These lamb chops are cooked in a very unique way as first they are boiled in milk and they are fried. Boiling in milk makes them