- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Mouth Watering Malai Chicken
- Boneless chicken: 1 kg or 2 pounds.
- Yoghurt: 1 Cup.
- Fresh Cream / malai: 1 Cup.
- Ginger paste: 1 Tsp.
- Garlic Paste: 1 Tsp.
- Mustard Seeds: 1 Tbsp.
- Cumin Seeds: 1 Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Red Chili Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Red Colour Food grade: 1 Tsp.
- Oil: 2 Tbsp.
- Salt: As per taste.
- Coriander leaves: 2 Tbsp. finely chopped.
- Wash chicken thoroughly making sure no blood or any impurity remains.
- Cut chicken in small pieces of 2 inch each.
- Now In a large bowl put all ingredients except fresh cream, mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Refrigerate it for about 3 hours.
- Take a heavy base nonstick pan and put it on heat.
- Put fresh cream in the pan and reduce heat to medium.
- After a minute add cumin and mustard seeds.
- Stir for 30 seconds and add chicken with marinade.
- Mix chicken well with the cream and cover the pan.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes or so.
- After 15 minutes check for tenderness of chicken. If chicken is tender , then go to next step otherwise cook for couple of minutes more.
- Now uncover the lid and turn the heat of high.
- Cook till water evaporates, stirring regularly so chicken or malai do not stick to pan.
- Remove pan once gravy acquires desired thickness or dish is completely dry, it is your wish how you want it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Roti, Paranthas or Naan.
- Always use heavy base pan.
- Use fresh cream.
- Stir chicken regularly when on high heat otherwise gravy would turn brown.
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken in Green Pepper Corns and coconut milk.
The specialty of chicken in green pepper corns is that it uses coconut juice in large quantities during its preparation which makes it very healthy as we all know how healthy coconut milk is.
- Sesame chicken.
Seasame oil chicken cooks in time and is very pleasent to eye. Dish from malasia is very tender and yummy. Sesame chicken has great aroma of garlic and its ingradients are simple and easily available.
- Oil Free Chicken Recipe.
Oil free chicken belies the myth that you need oil to be cook. Oil free chicken does not use any kind of fat and is easy to make and yummy in taste. Spice and oil are not needed for tasty & yummy food
- Andhra Chicken.
Andhra Chicken easy & tasty recipe goes well with rice & biryani. It is an original Andhra recipe with a lot of spices & coconut.
- Coconut Chicken Masala Recipe
y Coconut Chicken Masala is easy to make and do not take much time to cook. If you have all the ingredients ready as written here then it would not only give you great taste but also great aroma.
- Kashmiri Chicken Recipe by Indian Chef
Kashmiri chicken has its own unique taste and uses very simple ingredients. Kashmiri chicken is very soft and tender and has unique aroma of its own. Best dish in Kashmiri cuisine