Mutton-Rogan-Josh-Recipe | Mutton Recipe | Bengali Style Mutton Curry Recipe
Rogan Josh is a signature dish from heaven of world “Kashmir”. With its sparkling red hue and amalgamation of flavors of fennel and ginger make the dish highly adorable. Generally, most of the restaurant offers this recipe as a special one.
This weekend I tried to make the Rogan Josh as a change, which resulted fruitfully. I am happy to share the delicious recipe with you, which can easily be prepared in your kitchen. Follow the below given instructions to prepare it.
NOTE : I use potato pieces for my mutton curry (a Bengali style), but one can omit the potatoes.
Rate :Mutton Rogan Josh
What you need:
- 750 grams Mutton, Cut into medium pieces
- 7-8 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 6-8 Cloves
- 1 Black Cardamoms
- 3-4 Green Cardamoms
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4-5 Onion, Chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- To taste Salt and Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon
- One and half tbsp Cumin power-Garam Masala powder-Red chili mix power
- 2 tbsp Turmeric Power
- 3-4 Potatoes, Cut into half
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 inch Ratanjot
How to make Mutton Rogan Josh:
- Marinate the Mutton with turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste,cumin power-garam masala-dry chili powder mix, mustard oil,yogurt,salt.Mix well and keep aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in Pressure cooker.Add Ratanjog and saute till the oil becomes red.Remove the Ratonjog and add bay leaves, black and green cardamoms, cinnamon,cloves.Saute for 30 Sec. Fry the potatoes for 3 mins and keep them aside.
- Add chopped onion and saute till the onions are well browned.
- Add mutton and chopped tomato together.Saute for 5 -7 min in high flame. After that, stir continuously for 15 mins and more in low flame,till the oil comes out from mutton.Add potatoes and mix.
- Add salt and sugar and mix well.
- Lock lid on pressure cooker tightly and pressure cook for sometime ( in a low flame give three whistle and high flame give three whistle ) .
- Open the pressure cooker only when all the steam has escaped.Mutton Rogan Josh is ready to serve.Serve it with plain rice or sweet polau.
More Yummy Non-Veg Dishes
- Orange Chicken Recipe
Orange Chicken. I tasted the dish first in a nearby restaurant in my locality, and from that time I determined to make its own. It is an American Chinese Dish and easily available in all American fast food centers.
- Nawabi Chicken Recipe | Nawabi Murg Recipe|How to ma...
Nawabi Chicken Recipe | Nawabi Murg Recipe|How to make Nawabi Murg Recipe --A mughlai dish...Hope you all enjoy it
- Mughlai Chicken Recipe : A spicy Indian Chicken Dish
It is one of the spicy chicken dish I ever made.The taste is awesome.Try it @ Home.Hope you all like this recipe
- Schezwan Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
Schezwan chicken stir fried, the chicken dish is very easy to cook, You get best result in microwave cooking.
- Chicken Chilli Dry Recipe | Chili Chicken Dry Recipe
A Most Common Chicken Recipe for all cook ...
- Mahi Kalia Recipe | Spicy Rui/Rohu Fish Curry Recipe...
Mahi Kalia Recipe | Spicy Rui/Rohu Fish Curry Recipe | Rui Macher Kalia Recipe : Copyright @ 2014 M K Paul
- Kashmiri Chicken Recipe
Kashmiri Chicken Again a chicken recipe..Ha Ha...My relatives called me chicken freak.This is the first time I try the dish.I got this from my childhood friend Poulami. She is a great cook.The specialty of this dish is Kasmiri Chili. There is no...
- Dhania (Coriander) Chicken Recipe
Coriander Chicken , a spicy delicious chicken recipe
- Chicken Curry with Sweet Potato :A Healthy Indian Ch...
Chicken Curry is one of the most easy and healthy chicken recipe according to me. I learn this from my mother.As I told earlier in my another hub Recipe-Fried-Schezwan-Chicken, that I love chicken. We used to cook this once in a week still now. It...
© 2014 M K Paul