Best EVER Yummy Cheesy Potato Casserole Recipe!
Yummy Cheesy Potatoes Casserole - A Family Favorite Recipe!
Yummy Potatoes Are My Family's Favorite Potato Dish For All Ocassions!
Any special occasion with my family must include my special Yummy Cheese Potatoes, or sorry - the occasion loses it ability to be as special! I am totally serious when I say this too. Those of you, who know what it is like to even suggest a different recipe to your family on special occasions - know exactly what I mean! And this is my experience when it comes to my recipe for my family's absolute favorite side dis - Yummy Cheese Potatoes!
Tradition is synonymous with food. Sometimes, those of us who do the cooking for special family dinners, and would like to maybe try something a bit different than our traditional recipes - know, that when your family determines a favorite recipe or dish that they really love - don't even try to make a change in the menu.... and if you do - it better be good!
Go Ahead And Make Yummy Cheese Potatoes For Your Family - They Will Love This Recipe!
This is serious... When it comes to my family favorite recipes and yours too... you know what I am saying here! And so, if for some reason you are considering a new recipe like my Yummy Cheese Potatoes... rest assured, this is a winner of a recipe. Your family will thank you.... for years to come!
Now, I really do understand your plight in thinking about a different potato dish... I know that if I were to change the menu and try a different recipe on my family's Easter dinner - which always includes my traditional "Yummy Cheese Potatoes" - my family would truly be disappointed!
More Great Fast, Easy And Fun Recipes For Your Family!
Recipe For Yummy Cheese Potatoes
- 10 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 and 1/2 pint sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 - 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (reserve 1/2 cup cheese)
- Cook potatoes until tender; cool to touch and then peel by hand. You may grate or chop potatoes in small bite size pieces, your preference. Place in large bowl, and set aside. (I also place a bay leave and one T salt in water when boiling potatoes.)
- Combine in very large mixing bowl; cream of chicken soup, melted butter and stir well.
- Stir in sour cream, chicken broth, chopped green onions, salt, pepper, basil - and continue to mix by hand until well blended.
- Fold in cooked and prepared grated or chopped potatoes... when well cooled.
- Fold in 2 - 2-1/2 cups grated sharp cheese. Mix all ingredients very well... yet gently.
- Transfer Yummy Cheese Potatoes into a deep 13X9 casserole dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake @ 350 degrees for one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Remove foil, add 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese over top of Yummy Cheese Potatoes and bake for another 15 minutes.
Recipe Tip: For eye appeal... I like to use the last five minutes to turn on the broiler... but watch casserole very closely until top of casserole is a"light" golden cheesy brown... beautiful finishing touch for your Yummy Cheese Potatoes!
- Quick & Easy recipe alteration below...
Family Favorite Recipes Become Tradition On Special Events!
Are you ever surprised at how attached our families get to the same potato casserole over and over again?
I have honestly had such guilt in even considering changing a recipe that my family is looking forward to eating and enjoying on a special holiday or occasion -- and felt that I could perhaps risk wiping out all previous positive memories associated with that special holiday or occasion!
Can we possibly risk such a thing? Yes you can! I promise that if your family likes potatoes... they will love Yummy Cheese Potatoes! I now, must always double the recipe every time I make this recipe... and that still seems to always disappear fast!
This recipe is guaranteed to become one of your family's favorite potato side dishes... Yummy Cheese Potatoes!
More On HubPages About Families...
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir Doing The Potato Thing! This Is The Real Reason For This Hub On Yummy Cheese Potatoes!
Ldsnana-AskMormon With Grandchildren in Texas...
Fast & Easy Recipe Tip For Yummy Cheese Potatoes...
Recipe Alteration: Now, there is absolutely no question that this recipe, to be rated a 10 by your family is going to require you to wash, boil and hand peel those potatoes - if you want to score a 10!
But a 10 is not always necessary, is it? LOL Here is a fast and easy way to pull off Yummy Cheese Potatoes - on your more "lazy" days when you want to prepare this family favorite recipe.
Easy Recipe Tip: Buy two large bags of the frozen shredded or chopped potatoes and go from there! It is that easy! But here is the trick that will take them from tasting like frozen potatoes to homemade...
You must first, defrost your frozen potatoes. Turn down the temperature for baking to 325 degrees. Cook covered with foil for two hours! Then proceed with the finishing 15 minutes of original recipe instructions.
When using the frozen potatoes, they must cook down well, in order to meet the quality of the homemade recipe and to not have the mother-in-law detect that you have cheated! LOL
Could you settle for a nine:-) ?