jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (26 posts)

What is your favorite Christmas cookie?

1. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 4 years ago

I love making Christmas cookies for gifts! It's homemade and from the heart!!!
    I love gingerbread cookies and sugar cookies that you can decorate in tree shapes and with colored sprinkles etc.. Also cressant cookies (like almond cookies dipped in powdered sugar.) They are all so yummy. Do you have any favorites?
    macaroons dipped in chocolate with a cherry on top?

moneyfairyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

oatmeal cookies w/red and green/colored chips?
      santa sugar cookies?

snowman raisin cookie?

2. moneyfairy profile image60

cinnamon stick cookies?

2. moneyfairy profile image60

Does anyone eat or make Christmas cookies anymore? anyone?? If so what is your favorite?

3. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 4 years ago

The one in my mouth!

And what is the one in your mouth? Gingerbread? Sugar cookie???

1. profile image0
        Kathryn LJposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Spice and cranberry.   It's yummy and good for my urinary tract big_smile

Yes! cranberry is great for your kidneys and bladder!!! Good for you!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

1. profile image0

Exactly, which means I won't feel so guilty when I'm slurping my gin and tonic on Christmas morning!

LOL LOL LOL smile Enjoy!!! Never feel guilty...Life is all about enjoying simple pleasures smile

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Shortbread. I make my own for Christmas.

Yum I love scottish shortbread cookies....soooo yummy great to dip in your tea or coffee and wonderful when it's all snowy out and you are sitting in front of a fireplace with a great book and your favorite hot drink and a platefull of your favorite cookies smile mmmm.....good! Thank you for sharing your favorite Uninvited  Writer smile

2. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years agoin reply to this

wink  Remind me to email my address so you can ship my share, Susan!

1. Sally's Trove profile image85
        Sally's Troveposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ditto! Love, love shortbreads.

5. moneyfairy profile image60

Someone just gave me a pumkin chocolate chip /hazelnut cookie. Yumm...must look up recipie

6. Thelma Alberts profile image86
    Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago

Peanut butter cookie. Yummy!

Yummy!!! I love peanutbutter too!!!

7. braydonmoore profile image58
    braydonmooreposted 4 years ago

I love to eat christmas cookies so my mom make special cookies for me on every christmas. I love to eat home made cookies . She is best cooking master . But my favorite cookie is Chocolate Mint Truffle Cookies.

Sounds really yummy!!!

1. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7512984_f248.jpg

My old man made this church out of gingerbread over Christmas, (we don't get out much here in the sticks),  The stain-glass windows made out of boiled fruit sweets tasted particularly yummy when chewed with a mouth full of the gingerbread.  Our guests enjoyed pulling it apart and scoffing the lot after dinner.  (Don't give your dogs any though, it sends them bonkers, our Loo ran round and round the house for half an hour.)

Yummy!!! looks great!!! what was your icing? creamcheese? looks scrumtious!!!

1. profile image0

No, it was just glace', so that it would keep for several days.  I must say, he did a brilliant job, I just made the gingerbread mix and he did the rest.  I worried it wouldn't get eaten, but it was wolfed down.  Smelt great too!  Sigh, have to wait a full year before breaking the healthy diet thing.  Having said that, I've just polished off the last of the Christmas pudding and my waistband seems to be shrinking smile

good on you!!!! shrinking waist whilst eating your Christmas pudding WoW! lucky you!!!!

1. profile image0

LOL!  My waistband on my jeans is getting tight,  def, putting on weight. big_smile

8. Sally's Trove profile image85
    Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago

Rum balls...these are not cooked cookies. They're made with vanilla wafers, sugar, nuts, butter, and lots of rum to hold them together. Then they're powdered in confectioner's sugar. When you open the tin after they've been stored a while, what an aroma! Happy Holidays to the Nose. smile

working