jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is your favorite type of Christmas cookie to bake for the holidays?

1. profile image72
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite type of Christmas cookie to bake for the holidays?

What is your favorite type of cookie to bake? Care to share a recipe?

2. Oscarlites profile image36
    Oscarlitesposted 5 years ago

that is an interesting question.. HMMM..  I would say that peanut butter cookies are second only to the homemade ginger cookies that my mother made.. 
    So far as the recipe; just let me say, when I asked my mother for the recipes of my childhood favorites, she only answered, " look on the box".   ( go figure that one out!)  but its true.. the pecan pie recipe we loved so much she said was on the karo syrup bottle.   ( did I mix that up with another recipe?  pumkin pie, on the can, etc)   MOJ

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

My aunt makes these small cookies with Hershey kisses on top, and sugar around them. We look forward to them every year.

4. Bill Yovino profile image89
    Bill Yovinoposted 5 years ago

I make cookies from my grandmother's recipe which she called "Kifleka" in her native Ruthenian. They're similar to other Easter European cookie recipes I've seen on the Internet, but use cream cheese instead of sour cream. I don't think you could go wrong either way. Very rich and delicious, and quickly goobled-up by my guests.

5. teaches12345 profile image94
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I love the basic sugar cookie recipe with just a hint of almond in the recipe. Decorating these with icing and different toppings makes it Christmas for me. When I begin to bake these, maybe starting in mid-october, I will post it.

6. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

A simple sugar cookie type with frosting.  Kids enjoy making them because you can make different colored frosting, different shaped cookies, and then decorate!  It is a family favorite.

7. jenbeach21 profile image79
    jenbeach21posted 5 years ago

My mom's sugar cookies and cookies we call sandies. I love making the sugar cookies and decorating them with the homemade frosting.

8. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

With out a doubt Aniseed cookies are my Christmas cookies.

9. mpropp profile image86
    mproppposted 5 years ago

My favorite Christmas cookie is the Peanut Butter Blossom (which is probably the same as lburmaster mentions). It is a  peanut butter cookie with a hershey kiss on top. A very close second are my mom's shortbread cookies. Some people add white frosting and a red hot on top, but I prefer them plain. Yum!