what's best beef for shish kabobs?

1. profile image42
    carol pfostposted 7 years ago

what's best beef for shish kabobs?

2. Delaney Boling profile image63
    Delaney Bolingposted 7 years ago

You'll want to choose a cut that's tender when seared quickly such as sirloin or filet. Avoid the tougher cuts such as shank or chuck roast as these will be chewy unless you slow cook them for an extended length of time. My personal favorite for cooking shish kebob is a top-shoulder cut such as tri-tip or shoulder tenderloin. Tri-tip is available at your local butcher and is an economical cut. Marinade it overnight in one part orange juice, one part worcestershire sauce and one part light beer for a tasty and tender shish kebob! If you ever have any food questions, you can get them answered on my Facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/chefdelaneyboling?ref=ts
    Hope your kebobs turn out great!

3. Expert Cook profile image54
    Expert Cookposted 7 years ago

sirloin steak, boneless lamb leg, boneless and skinless chicken breast

They are so good for shish kabobs. I have some tips for this dish.

1.Cut all the meats and fish into 1-inch cubes to allow them to cook before their neighboring vegetables burn.

2.Make skewers from foods of the same color (i.e., yellow tomatoes, yellow peppers, squash, potatoes, chicken; red peppers, red tomatoes, meat; green veggies.)

3.To save time and energy, use store-bought marinades such as teriyaki sauce, or skip the marinating step entirely.

4.It's always best to cut your veggies just before using. If necessary they may be cut up to 1 day in advance and refrigerated in airtight containers.