how long have you been cooking. all the recipes I get come out of cook books tha

1. widgetaxi profile image55
    widgetaxiposted 7 years ago

how long have you been cooking. all the recipes I get come out of cook books that my great grandmoth

er hand wrote back in the 1800s, and passed down to my grandmother. Who passed them on to me. I am 48 yrs old. I also get a lot of recipes from amish friends who have gave me some that have been handed down to them.

2. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

I can remember doing simple kitchen chores at the age of four.....they were age related........napkins, flatware etc......

My first meatloaf was at the age of 7, I can not remember a time when I could not peel potatoes, or fry eggs, boil a pot of beans.......

At  11, I could cook a full meal, meat, veggies, potatoes, bread, tea.......for a large farm family.

Being a farm kid, not only was I expected to cook, but to feed the animal that would later be my food source.......the ugliness of the business came somewhat later.

In our home, 'desert' was for the ritzy.........I can bake the basic breads and cakes.......but baking is not my forte.

working