jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you pack your own lunch for work?

1. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Do you pack your own lunch for work?

If so, what are some suggestions for things that are easy to prepare, to take for lunch e.g. sandwiches. Just fishing for ideas.

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

When I used to work, retired old codger now, the evening before, I would make up, couscous with Moroccan herb and spice mix, then add raisins, chopped onion, chilli, and chopped tomato.  Or make tabbouleh.  Other times I would just take  cheese or ham sandwiches, or my favourite anti social sandwich, boiled egg and raw onion, or a lump of pizza I'd made the previous evening, or a slice of egg and bacon pie that I'd made.

3. wytegarillaz profile image77
    wytegarillazposted 7 years ago

I just made a hub on this with ideas there so hope it helps you !

Ideas for sandwhiches, snacks etc !

Wraps are good as well

4. EnjoyYourLife profile image60
    EnjoyYourLifeposted 6 years ago

In a nutshell, the answer is: YOU BET! Currently I work from home, so more than likely, it's easier and much less expensive to just eat from home. On occasion (for biz meetings), I will eat an outside lunch or  do an even less expensive meeting (in a good coffee type place).

When I wasn't working from home, I STILL brown bagged it mainly. This is such a money saver, and it felt good to put that savings literally in my "stash cash coffee-can".

Regarding ideas-leftovers make a great next day lunch. The trick is how they are packed. Invest in good microwavable food storage containers. They end up paying for themselves in savings.
    Pre-pack leftover salads.
    In the summer, I used to freeze a container of yogurt and take it frozen to work. By lunchtime, I had a nice, cool treat for lunch
    Pack some easy to eat portable fruit, like an apple or bananna.
    Avoid the messier ones if possible.
    Hope this helps!

5. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 6 years ago

Yes, I do when I was still working the whole day. I used to make a traditional German sandwich which is a dark rye bread with butter,  lettuce, salami, ham or cheese, tomatoes and gherkins. I sometimes put sliced eggs on the sandwich.