jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

What's the best food for a lunch picnic at the park?

1. Mama Kim 8 profile image92
    Mama Kim 8posted 5 years ago

What's the best food for a lunch picnic at the park?

2. profile image55
    kumar24894posted 5 years ago

Sandwiches are the best with some cold drinks .

1. shariarbd profile image59
      shariarbdposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hay you are right. I also love this type of food.

2. profile image55
      kumar24894posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes I love it too !

3. chuckd7138 profile image81
    chuckd7138posted 5 years ago

Personally, I like raw veggies kept in a cooler with one of those "Blue Ice" packs. Then again, I'm pretty boring in that I only like carrots, green bell peppers and celery when comes to this idea. However, I would imagine muffins, cookies or a light sandwich could work just as well. Don't forget the water either. Don't want to get dehydrated.

4. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

Last time I went walking at a state woodland park not far away, I carried a bottle of gazpacho, two boiled eggs, and an apple.

5. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

I roll lunch meat, cheese and veggies in tortillas. If you use the jarred cheese, you can use it to stick the edges up to keep them from unrolling, otherwise use toothpicks. They are quick, easy, festive and taste good. Slice the rolled tortillas in 2 inch pieces for easy snacking. I also like balled melon, which is very refreshing and provides you with fluid and energy. Easy to put in a container too. Don't forget the napkins for all the finger food.

6. ytsenoh profile image86
    ytsenohposted 5 years ago

A smoked turkey sandwich, sliced avocado, red seedless grapes and wine pouch with enough red merlot.

7. P FOR PEONY profile image92
    P FOR PEONYposted 5 years ago

I second the turkey sandwich! Sandwiches are easy to prep and pack, instead of using bread, you can make it fancy by using croissants or baguettes. I'd have a salad and iced-lemonade to go with it too.

8. profile image46
    Camille Pegramposted 5 years ago

I would take something light like fruit aand pack-able sandwiches.

working