Are the expiration dates on yogurt really accurate?

1. Taylorwise profile image76
    Taylorwiseposted 7 years ago

Are the expiration dates on yogurt really accurate?

i think they're bogus, and isn't the culture in yogurt something that can't really go bad? Anyway, i eat an expired one lots of times because i don't check the date, and i haven't died yet...same situation seems to go for those naked juices too. What do you think?

2. Merlin Fraser profile image77
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

They won't explode or turn into something poisonous at the stroke of midnight on the use by date if that’s what you mean, nor will anything else for that matter.

As with most things these are Health and Safety issues more for the protection of the Store than the customer.   Why else would they put a Use By Date on Mineral Water that’s been in the ground for millions of years !

One thing though, I think you could have picked a better example than Yoghurt.... I mean that stuff tastes off even when fresh....!

3. thetop10hubber profile image57
    thetop10hubberposted 7 years ago

expiration dates for perishable goods are usually set earlier than the actual predicted expiration date so it should still be ok if its on the day or the next. Any more than two days though I tend to not risk it

Closed to reply