jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why is it that we always DRINK coffee and not tea? Why do we TAKE tea instead of

1. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 7 years ago

Why is it that we always DRINK coffee and not tea? Why do we TAKE tea instead of drinking it?

Will you spare me if I DRINK both-English man?

2. WillDigges profile image56
    WillDiggesposted 7 years ago

tea is more like a natural medicine and antioxidant, or even a home remedy if you will.

Although coffee is an.antioxidant too, tea is more powerful as a natural remedy.

3. samsons1 profile image78
    samsons1posted 7 years ago

good question!  I know I enjoy tea (in addition to my coffee) and find it compliments my meals and leaves a fresh taste in my mouth.  It may have to do with what part of the world one lives in and the customs of each society...

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i think that term is more british then anything else. in canada we take coffee breaks and i guess tea breaks too.

5. scoobydeb profile image75
    scoobydebposted 7 years ago

The way it's been explained to me is that "taking tea" is about more than just drinking the liquid we know as tea; it is a meal or a break.

I live in the U.S. and I DRINK both coffee and tea and do not TAKE tea. wink

6. Cara.R profile image75
    Cara.Rposted 6 years ago

I have always loved tea but once I met my Finance who lives in England, born and raised. My love of tea had increased.  He once said to me, (In England), If you pack to move and get to your new home what's the first thing you unpack? I said, What? and he said, the kettle.
    When the kettle is at its rolling boil and it clicks off, and once poured, the tea is still not ready to be sipped unless you want a burnt mouth. In my experience tea is something that you drink after hard work, in the morning, coming back home, meeting up with family and friends.
    Not that coffee is not enjoyed but what I have noticed, it is like take away, still tasty but it's not like tea time.  Tea time is like stopping to smell the roses.