jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Coffee or black tea? Why?

1. m0rd0r profile image70
    m0rd0rposted 3 years ago

Coffee or black tea? Why?

I know excess caffeine is not good for 40 y.o. but still - I am having a dilemma for morning starters. Which is better start of the day according to you and why?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9064873_f260.jpg

2. Venkatachari M profile image39
    Venkatachari Mposted 3 years ago

I think black tea is better if you can drink it. Black tea is good for health as it contains very low caffeine and no milk. Milk is not good for health in the sense it produces gas and takes more time for digestion. In black tea, you can add some lemon juice and a little bit sugar to make it tasty and easy to drink.

3. JenPaxton profile image82
    JenPaxtonposted 3 years ago

I go for coffee, I think it's more versatile and it contains healthy antioxidants.  In moderation it's great for pain relief, mental health, and improves circulation.

1. Venkatachari M profile image39
      Venkatachari Mposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You can have coffee but it produces acidity if consumed much. Pain relief is true but not mental health. In the long run it weakens brain functioning as you get accustomed. So substitute with tea some of your cups which is not so harmful as coffee.

2. JenPaxton profile image82
      JenPaxtonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Tea actually gives me acid reflux, and coffee has saved me from killing people wink  I'll stick to coffee, it's a natural antidepressant and keeps me smiling through the day.
      The key to anything is moderation, like I said.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Any time you try to cut back on the amount of caffeine you drink, you're going to get headaches and other withdraw symptoms if you cut back all at once. I would say choosing tea or coffee is all up to what the person likes the most. I would suggest either cutting back on the number of cups you drink or simply making it a little weaker.

1. Venkatachari M profile image39
      Venkatachari Mposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you that withdrawing coffee fully may not be good at a stretch. You can slowly shift to tea by cutting back on no. of cups of coffee. I take both coffee and tea. At morning and evening times, I have tea and in between take coffee

working