jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Dangers of energy drinks?

1. maria.rose profile image34
    maria.roseposted 7 years ago

Dangers of energy drinks?

I just want to know the dangers of energy drinks. Please no links.

2. ArtzGirl profile image78
    ArtzGirlposted 7 years ago

I think that you are asking a broad question.  Each energy drink would have its own ingredients and possible effects on human consumption.

I have tried energy drinks only in sips from what my friends were drinking. I don't like the taste of them.  They seem very "contrived".

Caffeine can have a lot of effects on people.  These "Energy Drinks" must be LOADED with Caffeine in order to give people the "Kick of Energy" that they advertise.

Caffeine can cause all sorts of heart issues-- and can accelerate symptoms that can lead someone to a panic attack-- or feeling that they are having heart beat irregularities. 

I would steer clear of them if I were you.  A good cup of coffee would probably be much better for you, and that's not even the best choice!

3. Vishal Vishwakarm profile image60
    Vishal Vishwakarmposted 7 years ago

Energy drinks are not healthy for our body because almost every energy drink in market contains very high quantity of caffeine and caffeine is definitely not good for health,body reads excessive caffeine as a stress on brain,because of this we don't feel sleepy or tired after drinking energy drink and energy drink also increases heart beat.
    I tried red bull many times, taste was not good and it also contains taurine which I think is not healthy.
    So excessive consumption of energy drink is dangerous for health.

4. lee custodio profile image86
    lee custodioposted 7 years ago

Most energy drinks are loaded with caffeine, so too much of it might give you palpitation, restlessness, and insomnia. I have problem sleeping after drinking Red Bull.

But the best answer is to seek professional medical advice if you’re really that worried.

5. JulieYoung profile image58
    JulieYoungposted 7 years ago

energy drinks are harmful to children's health. It contains lots of caffeine.

6. BlissfulWriter profile image67
    BlissfulWriterposted 7 years ago

Make sure they don't have high fructose corn syrup -- those are not so good either.

7. Joan1 profile image57
    Joan1posted 7 years ago

Everybody is always claiming that Energy drinks are full of caffeine. These people are talking without having any real knowledge on the subject.

In a can of red bull is around the same amount of caffeine as in 1 cup of coffee.
    There is also caffeine in tea, it's not that bad for us. Just don't overdo it.

But most energy drinks contain a lot of taurine, that is where you get the energy boost from. And it's not healthy.
    But 2 or 3 cans a day are fine for an average size adult.

There are also energy drinks with more natural ingredients.
    Like ginseng. These can be less bad for you, but most of them still contain a lot of sugar.

8. LeisureLife profile image74
    LeisureLifeposted 6 years ago

If used in moderation, obviously they are fine. However, I have heard of people dieing from drinking to many in one day/in one sitting...

Most usually have warnings on the label.

For example, don't drink more than 4 in one day or you could DIE.

Sorry, I don't have a link to any "death" articles, but I do have a link to a "special" energy drink that I wrote a hub about !!!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Energy-Solution … -for-Hours

9. LuisEGonzalez profile image86
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Most energy drinks contain large amounts of sugar, most contain Taurine (the artificially produced type), most have caffeine, but as much as one large cup of coffee. Drinking them in moderation should posse no health issues. The dangers arise when mixing energy drinks (stimulants) with alcohol (depressant) and when taking any stimulant while or after extraneous exercise.
    You often get the same energy level after consuming a can of soda, but with an energy drink the "energy" level lasts longer.