jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If a restaurant gets your food wrong what do you do?

1. kentuckyslone profile image83
    kentuckysloneposted 7 years ago

If a restaurant gets your food wrong what do you do?

Do you take it back and make them correct it, eat the food and forget about it, or just throw it away?

2. LiamBean profile image87
    LiamBeanposted 7 years ago

You send it back of course. You should get what you ordered (and will be paying for).

3. Daffy Duck profile image59
    Daffy Duckposted 7 years ago

You have to send it back.  If someone is screwing up in the kitchen the owner would want to know.  Also the head chef would want to know.  That is if they actually care about how the restraunt does anyway.

4. LeisureLife profile image72
    LeisureLifeposted 7 years ago

It depends on what type of restaurant you are talking about? Is it a sit-down or fast food?  But usually I will just tell them they messed up the order and they should fix it.  If they appreciate your business, then they will.

5. kittythedreamer profile image100
    kittythedreamerposted 7 years ago

it depends on how bad they get the order wrong...if it's something as small as they put mayo on my sandwich and i asked for mustard...i usually let it slide. but if its something as big as cooking the meat well done when i asked for medium rare...yes, i send it back.

6. Matt in Jax profile image69
    Matt in Jaxposted 7 years ago

I agree with kitty, but the majority of the time they under cook my meat and I send it back because it's just sick to me to bite into red or pink burgers or steak.

7. Thesource profile image80
    Thesourceposted 6 years ago

According to contract law you can refuse it and not be liable for any charges.

If they replace the food with the correct food then you will be liable to pay for the food you ordered.

When restaurants realize their mistakes, some of them will offer the wrong food to you free of charge if you accept to eat or take it. It is their way of keeping you happy and hope you return again.

8. shiloh01 profile image54
    shiloh01posted 6 years ago

Without getting impatient, I ask the waiter to take that food away and bring the correct order..

9. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

depends on how wrong it is.
    if meat was undercooked, I'd insist they replace it.
    anything minor, though, I'd just eat it and not complain.

working