jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What can I make with a bag of frozen scallops?

1. Lady MJ profile image77
    Lady MJposted 7 years ago

What can I make with a bag of frozen scallops?

2. Native Gardener profile image59
    Native Gardenerposted 7 years ago

A great companion for angel hair pasta. Easily cooked in a skilled w/some garlic & lemon toward the end. Mushrooms, if you like.

3. tlpoague profile image85
    tlpoagueposted 7 years ago

I usually make an alfrato, or buttered scallops with frozen veggies. If I saute the scallops in butter with garlic and toss in frozen veggies, I will serve it with rice.
    If I do the alfrato, I saute the scallops, adding in veggies, noodles and an alfrato sauce, and serve it with salad and garlic bread.
    Hope this helps!

4. 4seazons profile image81
    4seazonsposted 7 years ago

A beautiful sautee - in a frying pan - fresh onions, garlic, green & red pepper, lemon juice and a chicken buillon cube...let the veggies cook slightly with a little olive oil, then add the lemon juice and buillon, stir again and then add the scallops (defrost and rinse first) and cook only about 10-12 minutes.  Serve over white or yellow rice.  A small salad of lettuce, tomatoe and cucumbers go nice with it!

Cook time maybe 20 minutes (if you start the water to boil for the rice first and then do the dicing you can have the rice completed by the time scallops are done).  Total time 30 minutes tops.

5. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 7 years ago

You can make a scallop salad.  You can put practically anything in a salad.

6. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 7 years ago

Oh, I love scallops.  I'm like Native Gardner-I pan sear them and add a lemon, white wine and whatever seems to work with it.  It comes out sooooo yummy.  Then, serve with angel hair pasta.

working