jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Who else likes using chopsticks?

1. DanielBing1 profile image75
    DanielBing1posted 7 years ago

Who else likes using chopsticks?

A few years ago I started eating with chopsticks. Not all the time, but pretty often. I've actually gotten really good with them and can do a few tricks. I realize that they are incredibly impractical compared to forks and spoons but there's something fun about them. I do sometimes wonder how the easterners missed the concept of the spoon though. I mean they have shovels right? Anyway who else likes using chopsticks?

2. Lady In NC profile image39
    Lady In NCposted 7 years ago

Not me ,I can't pick up anything with them ,I wasn't good at playing Pic -up-Stix game either lol

3. jojokaya profile image71
    jojokayaposted 7 years ago

We use chopstick occasionally while eating noodles.

4. zduckman profile image61
    zduckmanposted 7 years ago

I love them. My older sister taught me how to use them when i was about 10.

5. aka-dj profile image75
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

Every time I have Asian food, (except for soup).
    I think of it as part of the experience. I have been doing this for over 30 years.
    It's fun.

6. Tracy Lynn Conway profile image95
    Tracy Lynn Conwayposted 7 years ago

I think eating with chopsticks is fun, my children enjoy it too. 

Maybe eating with chopsticks forces you to slow down and eat less.

7. cutievert profile image59
    cutievertposted 7 years ago

Eating outside..at Japanese or Chinese restaurants, for example.. i'd use chopsticks for eating..but i always use chopsticks whenever I have noodles as my meals..

8. ShyeAnne profile image91
    ShyeAnneposted 7 years ago

chopsticks are great to use if you're dieting!

9. Matt in Jax profile image68
    Matt in Jaxposted 7 years ago

I dig'em until i can't pick up single grains of rice and then break fown and use a fork or spoon.

10. Denise Handlon profile image92
    Denise Handlonposted 7 years ago

I do.  I try...I manage, but I know I'm not holding them right.  It's always obvious when the waiter looks at me oddly as I spear my food with those little buggers, LOL   (kidding)

11. sharing the sky profile image66
    sharing the skyposted 7 years ago

I grew up with chopsticks use in the household so it was easier for me to be open to them. While I still use forks and spoons, as an adult now I often use quality chopsticks to eat such things as salads or in some cases, just to slow down the pace of my eating in general.

12. nanachiro profile image57
    nanachiroposted 7 years ago

i eat with chopsticks all the time from breakfase and dinner but at lunch i eat sandwitches

13. twilanelson profile image60
    twilanelsonposted 6 years ago

Chinese food and Japanese food are not the same without chopsticks.   Chopsticks, Wasabe and Soy Sauce, with most Chinese dishes and Japanese dishes (especially California Rolls) and I am in heaven.

working