This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What do you do when it is too hot to cook?

1. jencooper profile image61
    jencooperposted 6 years ago

What do you do when it is too hot to cook?

I feel like it is too hot in this house to turn on the oven.  I'm wondering if anyone has any easy fun things you can eat for dinner with out the oven and without going out!

2. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

In the summer I cook outdoors on the BBQ almost every day. Other options are salads and deli meat sandwiches. I also have a George Foreman grill that I use indoors but this can also be used outdoors.

3. profile image0
    A.CreativeThinkerposted 6 years ago

Hi Jencooper,
    When it is too hot to cook, I usually like to make a simple and
    easy salad, like a pasta salad or tomato and cucumber salad.
    If you cook the pasta the evening before and cool it, you can
    quickly make a pasta salad with any vegetables you have on hand in your refrigerator.  Great for anytime of the year!

4. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5284028_f260.jpg

We cook ouside most days anyway however when really hot we just do ham & salad or maybe get some prawns & dip. Some people just wait till very late to cook but that isnt good for you eating too late at night.

5. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

There is not much that I won't put on a salad!

I rely on my outdoor grill..........2-3 days worth of meat, cooked in a single afternoon.

My hubby is a meat and potatoes man, and I perfer veggies.......

The microwave earns its keep........warm up the chicken and add a salad.

6. RealHousewife profile image76
    RealHousewifeposted 6 years ago

Like Susan - I use the grill out side or I have an indoor grill that I can place over the stove burners for quick things.

7. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

Dairy products for me as well as fruits and veggies will give me a full feeling without the oven or stove.  I admit there are times when I think that dairy is the only thing keeping me full during the summer

8. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

Doesn't happen all that much in the UK!!! When it is too hot to cook, I usually have a barbeque outdoors, make a salad or prepare a tuna pasta dish with peppers, onions and chopped cucumber.

9. nikkiraeink profile image61
    nikkiraeinkposted 6 years ago

Make ceviche. The sun does all the cooking for you and it is so refreshing on a hot day.

10. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I'm surprised no one has said call for delivery, which is what I do smile

11. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

You could make cold soup with avocado and mint or papaya and parsley. Something that can be done in the blender. You could also do smoothies. Maybe some cold sandwiches and salad. All of these require no stove or grill. Your blender and a salad spinner and you are on your way.

I would suggest during the summer to have roast beef, chicken, or corned beef in the fridge so you can have cold cuts for dinner if you don't feel like cooking.

working