jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Summer Drink For Children?

1. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Summer Drink For Children?

Do have hubbers have any favourite recipes for making nice summer drinks for kids - milkshakes etc? I'm also looking for nice summer snacks that children will love - cooked, uncooked it doesn't matter. I have my nieces and nephews coming to a party in a couple of weeks and would like to do something special for them. Their ages range from 2 years to 15.  Many thanks in advance for any help offered, I really appreciate it!

2. Kristen Walsh profile image60
    Kristen Walshposted 6 years ago

Frozen pops and ice cream are always great fun with kids.  I enjoy getting the kids involved with the whole process.  I use my electric ice cream maker, but if you have a manual ice cream maker that's great too.  I have wonderful memories of making ice cream with my grandparents using an old hand-crank ice cream machine.  It was great fun.

For the pops, you can simply use fruit juice that you have on hand and use ice cube trays to make Popsicles.  Or, if you want to make a really healthy treat you can blend some fruits and make Popsicles out of the mixture.  If you don't want to do that, you can just do it as smoothies. The great part about it is that there isn't a recipe that you need to follow.  Just add strawberries, blueberries, bananas, etc. to a blender and keep adding ingredients until you find a smoothie taste that you love.

Have fun.  Summer is a great time to experiment with fun treats for the kids.  And since the kids can eat the treats outside, you don't have to worry about cleaning up the mess smile

3. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Hi Kristen, these sound like great ideas - and it will be fun having a taste of them along with the kids.

It's amazing how ice-cream and summer bring back so many wonderful memories. Many thanks for your response it has helped a great deal.

4. Deborah-Diane profile image84
    Deborah-Dianeposted 6 years ago

We make a lot of fruit smoothies in the blender at our house ...  milk and fresh berries, sometimes a banana.  Mmmm good!

5. Mayaanjali profile image81
    Mayaanjaliposted 6 years ago

Good ol lemonade with a few variations!  Vhildren are averse to new and novel flavors

6. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

The first thing that popped in my head wad lemonade. You can use different fruits to make fruit punch. Fresh fruit makes the drink more refreshing.

Watermelon
    Cantaloupe
    Cucumbers
    Kiwi
    Strawberries

and any other fruits that children might like. Use only one or two fruits with the lemon juice and see how it turns out. You can add a pinch of ginger for variation. One very popular way is to use soda water to mix with. After you have blended and strained the fruit, add the soda water and sweeten. This will give a nice fizz.

7. Imogen French profile image84
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

homemade blackcurrant cordial, rich in vitamin C, tasty, refreshing, and always popular with children - see my hub for details of how to make
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-make-bla … nt-cordial

For my children's parties we fill a big jug with either cordial or pure fruit juice mixed with sparkling mineral water, and serve with pieces of chopped up fruit and ice. It is a lovely healthy drink, and quick and easy to prepare.

8. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

Try some of these new beverages for more fun this summer! read more

working